Serpent Palm Mute Layers

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How many layers are there supposed to be for Serpent Power Chords? I'm only hearing 4. I ran a test where I laid out 4 notes at the same pitch at a low tempo so the sample has time to finish and repeated that over and over. Then changed the velocities in groups of 4 so the first group is at 1, second at 10, 20, etc up to 127. I drew the Velocity curve in TACT so there are 7 layers. I played it back and I'm only hearing 4 distinct layers. That said the 2nd and 3rd layer almost blend together as in, they switch back and forth every other note at the same velocity until fully becoming the next layer. Is that expected? I thought it was supposed to be 5 or even 7. I'm on 3.5 and fully updated.

There are 7 levels indeed, if you check out the mapping. However it is not 100% consistent, so for some notes certain mute layers have been stretched out.

Yeah I noticed it is pre drawn to show 7 layers. But I cannot hear anything close to 7 layers. I was being generous when I said 4 distinct layers. Is there some other setting that could be masking them? I have most of the advanced and main functions turned off. I don't understand why I'm not hearing them. Should I post a video of the piano role moving w/ the sound on?

Perhaps the best way to forensically explore these is to:

1. Force a string (say lowest one)
2. Open instrument edit view, pop out mapping editor (in Standalone)
3. You can enlarge the mapping editor with the "Size" dropdown in top left when it's popped out, do it.
4. In Group Editor focus on the correct group (the right articulation and string)
5. Play your notes and see which zones get triggered

Ok I will do that. I assume I need the full version of Kontakt to do this?

Thanks.

I did the force string part and spaced out the notes more to let them ring longer. I think I can hear 6 or 7 on the PC mutes which is good. Maybe 5 or 6 on single string. I'm guessing some differences will be subtle. I'll have to play w/ different tones and see if some tones cover up some of the differences. Thank you as always for your help.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”