Official support for Lumatone and Exquis?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why isn't Lumatone in the list of hardware vendors?

I'd like to request Exquis by Intuitive Instruments as well (as I just received mine and having trouble setting up the Y-axis for MPE support).

BTW, I also had trouble mapping the Exquis controller's Y axis in Bitwig. After several hours of searching, I found a solution that is working for me with Bitwig 5.1.7 as of Apr 17 2024.

Don't use the 'generic controller' script for the controller, even though that seems like the most obvious move. Instead, choose the vendor 'Roli' and the product 'Seaboard RISE' in the controller setup pane when you add the Exquis. The Roli Seaboard RISE is very similar in operation to the Exquis (sending CC74 on the Y axis).

Then, use the 'Expressions' modulator for whatever you want to modulate. Make sure that the Exquis is in MPE mode (see manual; by default, it is), and with Expressions modulator on the channel, you can see that Velocity, Pressure, and Timbre (MIDI 'Brightness', CC74) are all active and sent when you play the keys.

It's unclear why 'generic controller' doesn't work and I've flagged that with Bitwig support, but the Roli Seaboard RISE script is working for me. Good luck.

Return to “Bitwig”