Music computers of the future. Touch screens/Augmented reality. Modern iOS.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We can look forward to touch screens being the norm in the future computer trend I think and then far later primarily augmented reality type computer interfaces. I decided one reason I like touch screens is because they can tempt me to take a break if my arms can't hold up instead of maintaining a relaxed keyboard position. Not only that but you can put cool MIDI control peripherals where your PC or Mac keyboard normally go and have a tray for your music keyboard in addition.

The iPad tablet world I vaguely remember dreaming of for awhile an earlier night being merged into the Macintosh OS and if I remember correctly Apple was considering making iOS apps compatible with MacOS without needing a special install for it. I got a new iPad this year and love the pricing of AUv3 instruments and effects.

Things like miRack and other modulars that work on both macOS and iOS and the integrated cloud storage and preset sharing are major boosts for Mac and iOS users. Cloud storage is now integrated into many iOS apps. It seems the quality of the apps are much better than I thought and there are lots of clever music tools on iPad that are very convienently cheap for end users.

I much prefer touch pads as they are now on laptops with up to 4-finger gestures.
- daw work and dual 27" monitors not a chance I would prefer touch screen

I bought a Peripad 504 to replace mouse on daw computer which is stationary.
- and for left hand moving in timeline a Shuttle Express with jogwheel etc

I use a Nordlead 2X as master keyboard, and computer keyboard fits nicely on desk too. Very nice and relaxed way of working.

Even as I looked at Akai MPC X which has a tilted touch screen they double up with key/button features as well, not needing the touch thingy. Puts very much strain on arms and neck and such otherwise.

The few things I do on a 8" tablet, touch is fine, just doing bank business.

I've seen on tv that presenters have like 100" touch screen just doing a few moves, which is fine. But overall touch screens are overrated, I think.

I tend to in ways prefer an ergonomic mouse/keyboard setup, also. But I have nowhere to setup my MIDI fader and knob interface where they're easily accessible.

I move back and forth from my Mac to my iPad on wheels in my room and have email and my RSS feeds and all my iPad apps and my Opera web browser on my Mac and iPad.

Currently i use two Bluetooth battery powered MIDI control devices in front of my iPad on a angled stand. It seems real convenient. Touch pads are no preference for me at all. I thought you wrote touch screens at first. It seems actually the computer market may have chosen to entice people to get ultra wides instead of the trend of touch screens.

When I think about it I realize so many studios have more than one screen or 1 really wide one now a days. Only the computer companies know if they want the new generation of touch screens and tablets to take over somehow. I'm getting into them now.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”