The new Microkorg.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there room to add "/Brother" to the B position on the selector?

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I think they doubled the polyphony to 8, added that colour screen, and maybe a third oscillator, at least that's what I gather so far.

I wish the other korg synths had the colour lcd screen too, but I guess we'll wait for the mkiii editions....
<list your stupid gear here>

Yeah but the mkiii editions will be 7 octaves wide and $15,000 dollars. And still have the same tiny screen. It'll be like playing a triangle inside NotreDame cathedral.

This thing has been in production since 2002, that's got to be some kind of record, surely?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:46 pm This thing has been in production since 2002, that's got to be some kind of record, surely?
Completely! A very impressive record!!
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Got the microKORG (hardware) last year. It's still a great gem to get early 2000 sound.
microKORG 2 looks nice, it should have better accessibility for editing the preset. Does it still have same engine (MS-2000) as previous one?

Also KingKorg Neo, which is a KingKorg shrunken down into a microKORG-esque form factor:

https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthe ... 0refreshed

egbert101 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:02 pm I think they doubled the polyphony to 8, added that colour screen, and maybe a third oscillator, at least that's what I gather so far.

I wish the other korg synths had the colour lcd screen too, but I guess we'll wait for the mkiii editions....
I am also Curious to see what is really new in the Synth Engine so only time will tell since all we got so far is a cryptic Video and no Real info.

I do believe it is The Synth engine from the King korg because it has 3 Oscillators and that is what they seem to focus on now like they did before with the MS Series and then the Radias Series and now The Kingkorg.

Except they have also announced King Korg Neo, so maybe the new microKORG will be something else?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:31 am Except they have also announced King Korg Neo, so maybe the new microKORG will be something else?
Not if we go by Korgs way of doing things.

-MS2000 Series - Microkorg
-Radias - Korg R3 - Microkorg XL(+)
-Kingkorg - Kingkorg Neo - New Microkorg?
-Korg opsix, Wavestate, Modwave - MK2 - Rack modules

The R3 and Microkorg XL and XL+ where based on the Radias engine but Where slightly watered down version of it.

You might be right and only time will tell but i got a feeling that I might be right on this one :)

That makes no sense because KingKORG Neo and the new microKORG will be released at the same time. Why release two different synths with the same synth engine, at the same time. It's a recipe for ensuring neither sells well.

Korg don't really make sense these days, especially on prices.
<list your stupid gear here>

BONES wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:30 pm That makes no sense because KingKORG Neo and the new microKORG will be released at the same time. Why release two different synths with the same synth engine, at the same time. It's a recipe for ensuring neither sells well.
True but is that any different than what they have done with the Modwave, Wavestate and Opsix line?

What do you think will sell the most there? The Rack units, The horrible built 3 octave version or the Extremely overpriced SE Versions or the Native vst versions?

My guess would be the Rack Versions + the Native vst versions.

Also If it is like the Regular Microkorg and XL + R3 it won't be a 100% 1on1 Copy of the Engine but a engine based on that technology so you can create similar sounds.

But only time will tell until we know more about the Cryptic Release of the New Microkorg ;)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”