Izotope RX plugins in chain cause crashing

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Acoustica Premium

For a while now, it seems that when using Izotope RX VST's in the processing chain, it causes Acoustica to randomly crash, sometimes as much as every 5 minutes. I've tried both the RX8 plugins, as well as the newest RX10 plugins in Acoustica (7.5.5), but also RX 8 in the older releases (7.4.7 and on version prior to that).

Also worth noting that this issue persists on two different machines, both running Windows 11.
Even a fresh OS install did not solve the issue.

Also, when using the same Izotope RX plugins in ProTools, there are no problems whatsoever.
Also, all other 3rd party VST's that I use in Acoustica, work fine (Waves, Fabfilter, Slate Digital, WaveArts, Universal Audio UADx). I've completely narrowed it down to be 100% certain that only when using the Izotope plugins in my chain, I get random crashes.

I want to kindly refer you to the multiple crash reports that were sent by me (from my company's "daisys.ai" email address).

Apart from this problematic issue, I am very happy with Acoustica for audio processing at our company. However, as you might imagine, it is not a sustainable way of working. Because there are a few plugins from Izotope that I cannot replace with anything from another 3rd party vendor, I am desperate to find a solution.

I you need any specific reports/details/specs, I am happy to provide this on your request.

Thank you in advance.

I was wondering about this problem, but have no direct solution for you.
Actually I think it is a matter of iZotope to solve.
I have used the VST3 version of 'RX10 De-clip' many times without any crash problems.
Many of the RX plugins also can be found in the 'Acon Digital' VST3 section.
Maybe you should try these plugins if they can be used instead.
I use the iZotope Neutron VST3 plugins heavily and never experience a crash due to this plugin!
Best Regards.

Return to “Acon Digital”