SideTrack Group Buy Support/Bug Reports Thread

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For Bug Reports of SideTrack VST/AU etc…

Useful info for bugs:

/OS/Architecture

ie: Ventura MAC M1, Windows 11 Intel

Ideally steps to reproduce the crash, or as much information about when it happens and the last thing that was changed etc…

Updated Audio Morpher to v0.51

• Reworked the Sample Browser, it now has the shortcuts the same as in SideTrack which is an area to drop folders which you use often. There is now a second place on the right for the Sample Pool Folders which are used to create the WAVs.
  • Added Keyboard Shortcuts;
  • [ - Reduce Playback Speed by 1/2
  • ] - Increase Playback Speed x 2
  • N - Reset Playback Speed
  • M - Restart Playback
  • . - Go to 80% Position
  • , - Go to 50% Position
  • Fixed Reader Memory leak
  • Implemented some Logging (log.txt)
  • Fixed a possible crash when loading WAVs from the browser.
  • Display now consistently updates when WAVs are loaded via the browser.
  • Various fixes/changes.
Known issues:
  • manual needs updating with the new stuff & windows version lists wrong shortcuts, it’s [ & ] not Left/Right Arrows for speed.
  • the new right hand pool top folder doesn’t have a delete button, it’s because the shortcuts top choice must stay where it is as it points to the current export folder so you can always get to it to load the WAVs that have been generated.

Note that, although the #bonus list appears to not list tokens for previously purchased products, tokens may appear for a previously purchased product that concurrently appears on your account's download list. If you've been a faithful HGS customer (and those Group Buys have been overwhelmingly fruitful), double-check your download list if you suspect a previous purchase or previous Group Buy content and bonuses.

Paj
8^)

We sorted this via email, but just for anyone wondering, it should be Ok now.

Hello, just bought into the GB, like the sound of the unique sample playback methods, and also Audio Morpher will be very interesting to use in my commercial sample library creation.

However, I don't know if it's me, but SideTrack has an issue where it crashes Live (11 and 12 beta) when reopening the plugin window. The error states:

A serious program error has occurred. Live will shut down after this message box is closed. Please restart Live and follow the instructions in the 'Report a Crash' lesson that will appear in Live's Help View.

My machine is an M2 MacBook Air 15" on Sonoma 14.1.1. Error occurs from a fresh boot too.

Any advice welcome!

Thanks for re-posting here :)

I will get a debug version together, if live gives a log on the report a crash screen, it may be useful although I don’t remember whether I have debug symbols enabled in the current SideTrack. You can email it to debug@hgsounds.com

Have you tried in any other hosts?

I'm also having an issue with Audio Morpher producing blank results / empty files. I've tried with a few folders in different places (as my main sample archive is in iCloud so I figured it could be a weird access issue) but even on the desktop I'm getting nothing. It writes the files, they're just empty. I wonder if these issues are related to Sonoma then?

Also, don't know if it is worth noting but command+Q doesn't work to exit, but file > exit does.

You mean not visible in the app or just not in the saved file? I haven’t updated to Sonoma yet, perhaps I should do that tomorrow. Probably a silly question, but just to check the folders are added on the Pool List on the right hand side?

I have found a bug today in Audio Morpher that sometimes only the first added folder is seen which is fixed in the next release which should be tomorrow.

I did get the issue in Live with SideTrack after I left it for a while and then tried to re-open the GUI, but the log does really give any clues. I’ll have to spend some time on that in the next few days.

Astralp wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:40 pm You mean not visible in the app or just not in the saved file? I haven’t updated to Sonoma yet, perhaps I should do that tomorrow. Probably a silly question, but just to check the folders are added on the Pool List on the right hand side?
Ah, they weren't added. However, on adding and running, it crashes. I've pasted some of the crash below. Hopefully it's still user error but best try check.

Crashed Thread: 0 JUCE Message Thread Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x40775681bfb15110 -> 0x00005681bfb15110 (possible pointer authentication failure)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x40775681bfb15110

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process: exc handler [1958]

VM Region Info: 0x5681bfb15110 is not in any region. Bytes after previous region: 94634230501649
REGION TYPE START - END [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD REGION DETAIL
commpage (reserved) 1000000000-7000000000 [384.0G] ---/--- SM=NUL ...(unallocated)
--->
UNUSED SPACE AT END

Thread 0 Crashed:: JUCE Message Thread Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 Audio Morpher 0x1048f49a0 AP_Morph::genericProcess(std::__1::vector<int, std::__1::allocator<int>>&, int, int) + 17336
1 Audio Morpher 0x1048f444c AP_Morph::genericProcess(std::__1::vector<int, std::__1::allocator<int>>&, int, int) + 15972
2 Audio Morpher 0x104916674 AP_Morph::runMorphMode(bool) + 3048
3 Audio Morpher 0x10492dc90 AudioProcessorMorpher::processFile(bool) + 420
4 Audio Morpher 0x104958d3c std::__1::__function::__func<ProcessEditorMorpher::ProcessEditorMorpher(AudioProcessorMorpher&, std::__1::shared_ptr<juce::AudioProcessorValueTreeState>, juce::AudioBuffer<float>&, juce::ValueTree, juce::ValueTree, juce::ValueTree, std::__1::shared_ptr<std::__1::vector<std::__1::shared_ptr<playHeadData>, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::shared_ptr<playHeadData>>>>&, std::__1::shared_ptr<std::__1::vector<std::__1::shared_ptr<playHeadData>, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::shared_ptr<playHeadData>>>>, std::__1::vector<double, std::__1::allocator<double>>*, juce::ValueTree&)::$_6, std::__1::allocator<ProcessEditorMorpher::ProcessEditorMorpher(AudioProcessorMorpher&, std::__1::shared_ptr<juce::AudioProcessorValueTreeState>, juce::AudioBuffer<float>&, juce::ValueTree, juce::ValueTree, juce::ValueTree, std::__1::shared_ptr<std::__1::vector<std::__1::shared_ptr<playHeadData>, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::shared_ptr<playHeadData>>>>&, std::__1::shared_ptr<std::__1::vector<std::__1::shared_ptr<playHeadData>, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::shared_ptr<playHeadData>>>>, std::__1::vector<double, std::__1::allocator<double>>*, juce::ValueTree&)::$_6>, void ()>::operator()() + 28
5 Audio Morpher 0x104afbb04 juce::Button::sendClickMessage(juce::ModifierKeys const&) + 368
6 Audio Morpher 0x104afb7e8 juce::Button::setToggleState(bool, juce::NotificationType, juce::NotificationType) + 316
7 Audio Morpher 0x10494f664 AP_Button::mouseUp(juce::MouseEvent const&) + 3116
8 Audio Morpher 0x104aee098 juce::detail::MouseInputSourceImpl::setButtons(juce::detail::PointerState const&, juce::Time, juce::ModifierKeys) + 760
9 Audio Morpher 0x104aed374 juce::ComponentPeer::handleMouseEvent(juce::MouseInputSource::InputSourceType, juce::Point<float>, juce::ModifierKeys, float, float, long long, juce::PenDetails, int) + 380
10 Audio Morpher 0x104ae8838 juce::JuceNSViewClass::mouseUp(objc_object*, objc_selector*, NSEvent*) + 316
11 AppKit 0x193932d54 _routeMouseUpEvent + 132
12 AppKit 0x192f426a4 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _reallySendEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 384
13 AppKit 0x192f42350 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) sendEvent:] + 284
14 AppKit 0x1935ebf30 -[NSApplication(NSEventRouting) sendEvent:] + 1604
15 AppKit 0x19323e110 -[NSApplication _handleEvent:] + 60
16 AppKit 0x192e0a124 -[NSApplication run] + 512
17 Audio Morpher 0x1048f051c main + 256
18 dyld 0x18f1e50e0 start + 2360

That’s probably because there was a small file, I’ve added bounds checking and ability to work with very small buffers, in the next version, best to stick to large for this version.

What would count as small?

It depends on the mode, some will be fine, but the morph modes require extra material for the xfades etc… if you stick with the Homegrown Complete collections from stage 2 like Homegrown 800 & Timbres etc… they won’t cause any issues, that’s what I used during development. But in the unreleased version, this is now addressed to prevent crashes, hopefully in all situations. I have a few more things to add and it should be released today.

I’ve added a new mode that is designed specifically for drum samples, it layers them using the 8 morph profiles to create new Drum sounds and can make individual samples or chains up to x64. You can of course use any samples with it, but it has drums/percussion in mind with an adjustable size/max size of 10 seconds in length.

I'm having an issue with the [Colours] window in SideTrack: No way to close it, no exit button. I also tried right/left clicking off of the window and that doesn't work. Couldn't find a keyboard key/combination that exited/closed the [Colours] window.

Paj
8^(

PajKVR wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:49 pm I'm having an issue with the [Colours] window in SideTrack: No way to close it, no exit button. I also tried right/left clicking off of the window and that doesn't work. Couldn't find a keyboard key/combination that exited/closed the [Colours] window.

Paj
8^(
Only use it in standalone mode, hosts don’t generally deal with popup windows very well. I’m hoping I can find a way to detect standalone mode so I can hide the ‘colours’ button in plug-in mode. I could make it an internal window, but it doesn’t make sense really because the point is it is disconnected from the GUI so that there is 100% freedom to navigate in the plug-in. I’m pretty sure it does say in the hover text of the button not to use in plugin mode, but may have missed it.

Got it! Thanks. There is an [X] button in the standalone and it does close but I don't see any warning about the [Colours] button in standalone or plugin versions. The standalone set off Norton Data Protector and had to be put on the Exclusion list.

Thanks for the rapid response.

Paj
8^)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”