sample choice control feature needed ?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I love Evolution guitars but I have a problem that I think is specific to Modern Nylon.
Context: I use the piano roll (in Logic Pro) to enter all the notes of my compositions one by one and I like to have as much control as possible over the properties of each note like, up or down stroke, velocity, pick position, choice of string using 6 midi channels. I try to mimic a human classical guitar player avoiding impossible left hand positions and using close to realistic articulations. The problem: the E3 string notes, especially the open E3 differs in volume and sustain so much from one alternating sample to the other that I very often have to listen to my song from the beginning to the end to make sure that I hear what I instructed the "robot" to play. Example: I add a G3 note at the beginning of mesure 4 and listen to the result, then I find that another note on the same string further in the same measure sounds with much more velocity/volume. This is especially noticeable with arpeggios. If I "rebounce" the whole song before listening to the rest of the song I only notice the problem too late in the process and I need to make more changes that in turn provoques more changes and on and on I struggle to achieve a final version. Obviously, it is due to the internal round robin function of the software that is implemented to render more realistic random velocity changes in successive similar notes with alternate samples. Unfortunately, it is not helping my productivity and ease of use for me.
Questions:
1 - do many of you have the same problem ? Especially with the E3 string of Modern Nylon ?
2 - how many of you would like to have a feature that would give the user complete control over the round robin function and the choice of sample on a note by note basis, like: be able to select a range of note and assign a sample to all of them at the same time as a property that would be carried with the notes in copy/paste situations ? Also, be able to reset the round robin function any where in any measure ?

Thank you,

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”