Version issues

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just tried it, saw heaps of updates, but.....they are at last revision already, for instance U-He Ace. The app says 1.4.1 installed but Pluginfo and myself verified it is already 1.4.2 etc

76 out of 542 are not found (as in KVRs database)

Love the idea behind it though, would really love a all-in-one app for checking for updates etc. With around 50 brands it is a quite a task to stay current.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Issues with plugins not being found and being out of date should slowly start to get sorted as more people are scanning. We try to match as much automatically on the back end, but some need to be manually linked to their respective products in the database. You'll most likely see that not found number drop in the next day or two even.

So this is quite a cool idea, and nicely implemented too.

Seeing a versioning issue on a number of plugins, e.g.
Pro-C2 2.19 vs 2.1.9
SuperVHS 1.3.0 vs 1.3
These are (afaict) the same version but they are reported as different.

And...
XO, reported as 0.0 installed but I have the latest and it is/was previously in MyKVR and up to date.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:43 pm Seeing a versioning issue on a number of plugins, e.g.
Pro-C2 2.19 vs 2.1.9
SuperVHS 1.3.0 vs 1.3
Are they shown as "Up to Date" though? The PDB version and the version reported by the plugin may differ in notation but should, hopefully, report correctly as newer, up to date, etc.
neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:43 pm XO, reported as 0.0 installed but I have the latest and it is/was previously in MyKVR and up to date.
Yes, we've noticed some oddities in the version numbers that some plugins identify as.

Ben [KVR] wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:27 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:43 pm Seeing a versioning issue on a number of plugins, e.g.
Pro-C2 2.19 vs 2.1.9
SuperVHS 1.3.0 vs 1.3
Are they shown as "Up to Date" though? The PDB version and the version reported by the plugin may differ in notation but should, hopefully, report correctly as newer, up to date, etc.
It shows as Up To Date in the main plugin list, but if I open the MyKVR side panel as shows older.

I previously had 2 plugins showing in MyKVR as requiring an update, now I have about 37 :) Interestingly, some of them do need an update (a couple of Plugin Alliance things), and some, especially Fabfilter reappeared on MyKVR as being out of date but just had a differently formatted version number.

Another quick example.
Blue Cat Polyvibe - in the plugin list, both versions show up to date on 1.01, but on MyKVR it shows as out of date with 1.01 vs 1.0.1
Last edited by neverbeeninariot on Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

So this app will help the KVR database do a better job of staying current when plugins are updated and when new plugins are added?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:37 pm It shows as Up To Date in the main plugin list, but if I open the MyKVR side panel as shows older.

I previously had 2 plugins showing in MyKVR as requiring an update, now I have about 37 :) Interestingly, some of them do need an update (a couple of Plugin Alliance things), and some, especially Fabfilter reappeared on MyKVR as being out of date but just had a differently formatted version number.

Another quick example.
Blue Cat Polyvibe - in the plugin list, both versions show up to date on 1.01, but on MyKVR it shows as out of date with 1.01 vs 1.0.1
The old MyKVR groups were a manual affair. They've been left in place as many folks have custom groups set up, but you no longer need to do updates from there. KSM creates a new group with your computer's name and populates that one with plugins on your system. The idea is that you only really need the version numbers from the KSM plugin window and no longer have to manually check off stuff on the website.

jamcat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:00 pm So this app will help the KVR database do a better job of staying current when plugins are updated and when new plugins are added?
Partially yes. We've built in features for developers to update plugins more easily when they release. Hopefully, in time, we'll have more partaking in updating their listings regularly. We do have to rely on developers themselves to get a lot of this info in. It'll take some time before it's a smoother experience (we have around 23000 products in the database!), but we can also pinpoint more accurately now which plugins we need to prioritize in terms of updating and onboarding stuff.

NateKVR wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:37 pm Partially yes. We've built in features for developers to update plugins more easily when they release. Hopefully, in time, we'll have more partaking in updating their listings regularly. We do have to rely on developers themselves to get a lot of this info in.
So there isn't a method in place that can recognize that the version numbers being reporting back by clients during syncing are newer than what's in the database, and automatically update the database that way? It seems like using the KVR Studio Manager to crowdsource this stuff would make a lot of sense.

I assume the database management team is at least alerted when a large number of updated version numbers are being reported back? There also should be a way for users to report new software titles through the manager. I think for it to really be useful and succeed at it's aims, KVR staff at the very least needs to take a more active role in monitoring and updating the database rather than relying on developers to do it, since not all participate or are on the ball. Crowdsourcing through the KVR Studio Manager could help accomplish that.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:49 am So there isn't a method in place that can recognize that the version numbers being reporting back by clients during syncing are newer than what's in the database, and automatically update the database that way? It seems like using the KVR Studio Manager to crowdsource this stuff would make a lot of sense.
At this stage we're not doing those updates automatically as there are issues to consider when doing so... we're just getting our feet wet first but down the line, yes, hopefully more systems will be put in place to aid with this.
jamcat wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:49 am I assume the database management team is at least alerted when a large number of updated version numbers are being reported back? There also should be a way for users to report new software titles through the manager.
Both accounted for on our back-end.
jamcat wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:49 am I think for it to really be useful and succeed at it's aims, KVR staff at the very least needs to take a more active role in monitoring and updating the database rather than relying on developers to do it, since not all participate or are on the ball. Crowdsourcing through the KVR Studio Manager could help accomplish that.
The crowdsourcing idea was very much a part of the concept. Again, lots to consider and feel out first... but down the line, yes, we're hoping the database will be able to rely on data from the community using KSM more.

Great idea. 161 would not install on MBP 10.14.6. Window said that I could not use this version of the application with this version of OS and then, "You have macOS %@. The application requires macOS %@ or later."

I'll be keeping any eye on this. Might install it in a few versions. Cheers. :party:

The KVR product page currently lists OneShot as being available only for mac.

OneShot - Missing Windows OS (1).png

I was trying to add this to my owned plugins on my KVR account, but it won't allow me as the KVR product page doesn't show that this plugin is also available for Windows.

I get the message: "This product is not available for any of the Operating Systems that the chosen group is restricted to."

Can a KVR moderator fix that please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MrJubbly wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:16 pm The KVR product page currently lists OneShot as being available only for mac.

I was trying to add this to my owned plugins on my KVR account, but it won't allow me as the KVR product page doesn't show that this plugin is also available for Windows.

I get the message: "This product is not available for any of the Operating Systems that the chosen group is restricted to."

Can a KVR moderator fix that please?
Fixed.

Does the MyKVR backend allow different version numbers for OS? Or is it a manufacturer data input issue? Sound Radix SurferEQ Boogie for Windows latest version is 1.0.7, while the Mac version is 1.0.8, making the Windows version erroneously behind.

Do you think some manufacturers would allow crowdsourced data updates? This would complicate things, but a submitter reputation system and change notifications to manufacturers may alleviate the workload.

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”