Is there a way to get automation functionality to work off of the marked region instead of the loop range?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed that when working with automation there is a lot of functionality described like "Delete points from marked region" or "Only Displace/Scale the marked region." I couldn't figure out why these wouldn't work when I highlighted a section of the automation, but eventually I realized that what these actually seem to work off of is the section of the automation between the loop start and end points.

I added the marked region -> loop macro to my actions list for working with the curve so I don't have to used both the mouse and keyboard to do these operations, but I'm wondering if there's any way to have these functions actually work off of the marked region.

As a secondary question, is there a way to select all points in the marked region (or, I guess, between the loop points)? I see you can click/shift click to select a range of points but using the marked region would be just a bit more convenient IMO.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

I wonder if at some stage the difference between 'marked region' and 'between the loop markers' has become blurred and is now a bit messy and confusing in the macro terminology. I haven't had your exact issue but I have struck this ambiguity before, and am still (wishfully) hoping for updated macros/API one day.

dysjoint wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:57 am I wonder if at some stage the difference between 'marked region' and 'between the loop markers' has become blurred and is now a bit messy and confusing in the macro terminology. I haven't had your exact issue but I have struck this ambiguity before, and am still (wishfully) hoping for updated macros/API one day.
I'm guessing the loop markers probably used to serve this purpose and the region marking functionality came later, and this particular set of functions just never got updated. It's odd though because some of the automation curve functionality such as copy does work off of the actual marked region.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Return to “Tracktion”