Ignore trailing spaces in author names when grouping

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the preset browser when grouping by author, if a preset is accidentally saved with a trailing space in the author name a whole separate category is created.

Trailing spaces should probably be ignored when saving, but definitely when sorting.

It would also be helpful for an option to ignore case so there isn't a category for Howard Scarr and HOWARD SCARR, or Soundsdevine and SoundsDevine.

It's cumbersome to fix these issues manually since when overwriting presets with the desired correction the browser jumps to the folder the preset is.

Thanks. :)

Trailing spaces are already ignored, tested with Diva 1.4.7 on Mac.
Which operating system and which version of which plugin are you using?

You can merge authors with different names simply by dragging the wrongly named author smart folder onto the correct author folder in the Author smart folder section of the directory tree. You can also rename authors there.
All presets will then update their author name automatically.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

15261 VST3i Win10 Reaper7
Trailing spaces are ignored when saving presets, but I guess it doesn't affect presets saved before this was fixed.

It's not a big deal though, those tips you gave make it really fast to correct. :tu:

To be honest, I didn't even consider renaming authors like that since the new browser is almost 6 years old and it's still not possible to rename Favorites 1-8 to something actually useful.

Duplicate or misspelled author names correctly convey their intent, but I don't have the faintest clue what the colors are supposed to represent other than vague and subjective feelings that vary from day to day. :shrug:

Yeah, the preset manager is old but capable. We always wanted to put out more knowledge about it, but that was stalled by our attempt to convert all our preset packs to our preset pack format. And that was stalled by tagging and polishing alle existing preset packs. However, the tremendous effort to tag and polish all soundsets that we ever published is coming to an end, and then hopefully we can finally dedicate more effort towards making the strengths of the preset manager known better. And maybe even add custom names for favourites.

Return to “u-he”