Need to be able to exclude plugins from scan

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm able to consistently cause KVR Studio Manager 0.1.6.1 on MacOS 13.6.4 to crash when the scan runs across VCV Rack 2.clap and VCV Rack 2.vst3 (both v2.4.1). At the moment, I have to remove both plugins from their respective directories in /Library/Audio/Plugins if I want to successfully complete a scan. Let me know if you need the crash report.

It would be great if we could mark plugins for exclusion from scan - I'm sure there are other use cases for this feature as well. Thanks!

i had the exact same problem

i don't know if the devs are reading this, but this thing is clearly written in JUCE, as you can see from the stack when it crashes :)

Most folks who want a reliable JUCE scanner do it out of process with a subordinate process not in process where it crashes. Basically call yourself with a --scan option and update data in chunks.

wwinfrey wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:00 pm I'm able to consistently cause KVR Studio Manager 0.1.6.1 on MacOS 13.6.4 to crash when the scan runs across VCV Rack 2.clap and VCV Rack 2.vst3 (both v2.4.1). At the moment, I have to remove both plugins from their respective directories in /Library/Audio/Plugins if I want to successfully complete a scan. Let me know if you need the crash report.

It would be great if we could mark plugins for exclusion from scan - I'm sure there are other use cases for this feature as well. Thanks!
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Will look into these plugins specifically. We do have an "exclude from sync" from the right click menu but that won't remove the plugin from the scanning process. I do agree, would be good to implement this though.

I've tested here and it seems only the CLAP version actually crashes KSM. The VST3 version scans fine.

I'll pass my crash report to our dev.

if your dev needs help with clap scanning and crashes happy to help them out. I had no problem scanning the 2.4.1 VCV Rack clap with clap-info (source here: https://github.com/free-audio/clap-info) as a standalone process if that helps

The CLAP scanner crash should be fixed in the current release, 0.1.7.2.

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”