So what happened to that long list of devs supporting CLAP?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Few years passed and there is no interest in CLAP as i see it. Is it dead?
I remember Image-Line, Avid, Arturia and PreSonus were in the list and they still not added CLAP support.
:(

Just over a year and a half is not a “few” years and since then we have seen several more take it up - recently Fabfilter

Image line and Avid are always slow to adopt new standards, FL Studio still doesn’t support VST3 even for its own plugin

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:06 am Just over a year and a half is not a “few” years and since then we have seen several more take it up - recently Fabfilter

Image line and Avid are always slow to adopt new standards, FL Studio still doesn’t support VST3 even for its own plugin
Oh, FabFilter support CLAP? Thats good! I must admit i didn't follow recently. This post is not a rant but really a question what happening to CLAP at the moment.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:06 am recently Fabfilter
Are you sure? I've just had a look and there is no CLAP in the list on R2
Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 12.13.45.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Enrize wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:15 am
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:06 am recently Fabfilter
Are you sure? I've just had a look and there is no CLAP in the list on R2

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 12.13.45.png
Have a look HERE :hihi:

It is not a huge list yet, but some important plugins are already ported, here is a database:
https://clapdb.tech/

Though Fabfilter Twin 3 is ported, it does not support polyphonic modulators yet, neither MPE.

CLAP is doing well. The format itself continues to be developed and every month more plugins are available in CLAP format.

U-he was committed from day one and still has not released CLAP versions for all their plugins. Development takes time. It's less than two years which is not long at all.

Enrize wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:49 am ...
I remember Image-Line...were in the list and they still not added CLAP support.
:(
Image Line released a new beta version (21.3) which supports CLAP...

So one DAW more which supports it!

EDIT: It was a mistake from their side... it will come in the next beta probably next week...

Did VST/2 instantly enjoy massive industry acceptance when it was first developed? No. It took time, trust had to be earned, and developers big and small had to invest time and money into it. CLAP is doing well, considering all this, and considering that at least one large, inhospitable DAW maker (who almost all alone caused the pressure for CLAP To be created in the first place) is trying to convince people CLAP will die soon because they have money riding on VST3.

Im sure any day now, VST3 and CLAP will be great friends and go to many parties together! :hihi:

Milkman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:46 am Im sure any day now, VST3 and CLAP will be great friends and go to many parties together! :hihi:
My understanding is that if you develop a plug in with CLAP that it's relatively easy to add a CLAP to VST3 wrapper to also have a VST3 plug in.

There are different aspects for CLAP development. On the one side there are the advantages for the product (and customers) and on the other side there are an advantages for the manufacturer.
But there are also organizational and technical integration efforts, development cycles and financial planning. So it is not a sprint, it is a marathon to grow a product.
This marathon has more speed than I thought and some nice side effects, that some companies also take the chance to evaluate the development for the linux environment at the same time. Some did it already.

So like here was already written, the family is growing in a healthy way with solid developed CLAP plugins.

I am not sure if CLAP will ever catch on mainstream, but if you own Bitwig and UHE plugins then it is worth having just for that ecosystem and costs nothing!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

One little annoyance while using clap: seems like you can’t export the preset then, to import it in another daw then…

OdoSendaidokai wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:41 am So like here was already written, the family is growing in a healthy way with solid developed CLAP plugins.
Are you sure about the solid? Seem some slapped only the VST3 to Clap adaptor on what they have. Then it's a VST3 in CLAP disguise. You can never be sure what fancy clap stuff a Plugin actually supports. In that it's like VST3 where many devs only ported the minimum from VST2 but never went for the whole story ... there's per note articulation already in VST3. Just my gut feeling ...

It's not plugin support that's going to make the CLAP format grow. It's DAW support. Doesn't matter if all the synths in your collection have CLAP versions if your favorite DAW doesn't support the format.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Bitwig”