PRODUCTS

Code: Select all

- Installer: Add missing ffmpeg.exe on Windows

12.5.15:
- Sampler: Fixed samples not reloading correctly
- Sampler: MIDI learn tweaks
- Subtractive: Fixed crash loading plugin
- Controllers: Added missing controller
Behind the scenes info: We upgraded our Linux build machine from Ubuntu 16.04 to 20.04, so that means 20.04 is the minimum supported version. Usually we don't like changing system requirements for a point release, but we hadn't been planning on another release of 12. We also switched our build process from Azure to gitHub actions, and our build process to use CMake. So there may be a few odd things like missing files or other oddities, but I think I've caught them all now, but let know if you see anything strange. Once 13 is out there will probably be one more 12 version where I cherry pick a few more bug fixes back into the older codebase.

Download at: https://marketplace.tracktion.com/downl ... chive?v=12

Hi FigBug,

Thanks for creating this thread, and your work!

There's a bug with the Subtractive synth where selecting 'Spinal Saw' on Osc 1 with a new instance, on an empty track causes a beach ball of death. Also changing oscillator types will sporadically cause a full freeze (BBOD). I haven't found exact steps for the sporadic freezing, though the 'Spinal Saw' bug is consistent. Thanks!

Machine:
MacOS Sonoma 14.1 ARM (not Rosetta) M2

Thank you FigBug. Your presence here is greatly appreciated.

the samples are still not loading on the micro drum sampler. the name of the preset and the information about which samples are in each pad are shown on reload, but the samples themselves are missing.

JamminFool wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:07 am Thank you FigBug. Your presence here is greatly appreciated.

the samples are still not loading on the micro drum sampler. the name of the preset and the information about which samples are in each pad are shown on reload, but the samples themselves are missing.
Can you give me steps to reproduce? I thought it was:

* Create new edit
* Add Micro Drum Sampler
* Open Micro 808 preset
* Close and save edit
* Reload: samples are missing

But that works for me. Does it need to be an edit created with older version of W12?

[/quote]
* Create new edit
* Add Micro Drum Sampler
* Open Micro 808 preset
* Close and save edit

But that works for me. Does it need to be an edit created with older version of W12?
[/quote]

Thanks and works for me :tu:
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

FigBug wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:29 pm
JamminFool wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:07 am Thank you FigBug. Your presence here is greatly appreciated.

Can you give me steps to reproduce? I thought it was:

* Create new edit
* Add Micro Drum Sampler
* Open Micro 808 preset
* Close and save edit

The only thing I am doing differently than you is I am adding Micro Drum Sampler to an existing edit that has one other track. Otherwise everything else is the same. When I save the edit, close, and re-open the edit, the samples are not loaded in Micro Drum Sampler.

edit: i just tried it with a new edit, and still no samples loaded.

not sure what to try next.

JamminFool wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:34 pm The only thing I am doing differently than you is I am adding Micro Drum Sampler to an existing edit that has one other track. Otherwise everything else is the same. When I save the edit, close, and re-open the edit, the samples are not loaded in Micro Drum Sampler.

Are you on Windows, macOS or Linux?

Can you zip up the entire project folder (I need all the files, .tracktionedit and .tracktion) and send it to me at roland@tracktion.com and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on?

FigBug wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:26 pm
JamminFool wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:34 pm The only thing I am doing differently than you is I am adding Micro Drum Sampler to an existing edit that has one other track. Otherwise everything else is the same. When I save the edit, close, and re-open the edit, the samples are not loaded in Micro Drum Sampler.

Are you on Windows, macOS or Linux?

Can you zip up the entire project folder (I need all the files, .tracktionedit and .tracktion) and send it to me at roland@tracktion.com and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on?
i'm on windows 11.

i sent you the zip file. i hope it helps.

I can confirm 808 preset samples not appearing in Micro Drum Sampler on MacOS Sonoma 14.1, after reloading an edit. Clicking 'Copy samples into Edit', under Micro Drum Sampler's preset list, fixes the issue here.

On a side note, custom drum files do not go missing after saving and re-opening the edit. That's without copying the files into the edit.

ndrw9138 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:44 pm I can confirm 808 preset samples not appearing in Micro Drum Sampler on MacOS Sonoma 14.1, after reloading an edit. Clicking 'Copy samples into Edit', under Micro Drum Sampler's preset list, fixes the issue here.

On a side note, custom drum files do not go missing after saving and re-opening the edit. That's without copying the files into the edit.
Under Settings > Advanced > Source Files, can you tell me what you have "Audio clip import" set to?

FigBug wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:58 pm
ndrw9138 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:44 pm I can confirm 808 preset samples not appearing in Micro Drum Sampler on MacOS Sonoma 14.1, after reloading an edit. Clicking 'Copy samples into Edit', under Micro Drum Sampler's preset list, fixes the issue here.

Under Settings > Advanced > Source Files, can you tell me what you have "Audio clip import" set to?
'Ask if the file should be copied into project'

When using custom samples, after dragging a sample onto a pad, I clicked 'Don't Copy' in the dialog, and it works as expected.

More notes:
- The 'Metronome' preset works as expected.
- If switching to the 'Metal Drum Knock' preset from any preset, the drum pads won't display properly until closing/dismissing the plugin and opening it again. Then the waveform window doesn't display properly after clicking on a pad.
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 7.17.43 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 7.18.01 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ndrw9138 on Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On 3 June last year I reported this bug and it was confirmed by Tracktion support:

"Since upgrading to Waveform 12.5.3/12.5.4/12.5.5, the majority of my VST2 plugins (including Tracktion's own DAW Essentials Collection, Master Mix and Micro Synth Pack now show a black area either at the top or bottom of the plugin window (also hiding part of the plugin) if Waveform's GUI scaling is set at any percentage other than 100% on a Mac."

The bug is still there in the latest Beta 12.5.16. Is there any chance this could be fixed before the final version of Waveform 12 is signed off?

FigBug wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:46 amOnce 13 is out there will probably be one more 12 version where I cherry pick a few more bug fixes back into the older codebase.
First of all, let me express my great respect and sincere sympathy if you launched this thread alone. You will be extremely overwhelmed by the amount as soon as over time people start to notice that someone has paid attention.

I'll probably start with the most basic, the quality of the original sound. How do you feel about this article?
https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/music/ ... base-10015

Volume automation makes quite a lot of noise. I specifically tried to test the program in order to approach it as objectively as possible.
Original Plugin Volume&Pan give
OriginalVolume&PanPlugin.png
The master volume gives the same thing
If i set fader on sample self give
SampleFader.png
FabFilterProQ gain automation give
FabFilterProQ2.png
Venn FreeGain Plugin give
VennFreeGain.png
RDGAudio Stage give
RDGAudioStage.png
The most delicious thing I saw was this GoodHearz Loudness RC2
GoodhertzLoudnessRC2.png
A large number of paid and free plugins available to me for the test showed me a roughly similar result to the original built-in plugin with a high amount of noise during automation and a strong surge before complete silence.

I understand that it is impossible to make such a correction within the framework of a single beta. But perhaps you will pay attention to such things? I sincerely hope so.

But within the framework of the beta itself, I would like to ask, for each plugin, when you select it on the track, the panel shows the entire available plugin management system, all twirlers, but without the possibility of entering an exact value, especially in older plugins, this is a very important need. Double-click on the number and enter the value. Please
If I created a preset in a mini sampler, in order to open it in a mini sampler, I need to edit the preset manually, can I create it right away? Please
If the track is rendered completely, then everything is fine, if only the marked area, the final sample is automatically marked with an autotone and an autotemp, this is a seriously controversial decision, let it be disabled by choice. Please
If the default frequency resolution during rendering is always selected automatically according to the frequency of the project, the most problem arises when rendering synthesizers at a high frequency, so that it does not fall into the beginning of the reverb tail, you have to wait for a full render until the end of the track and only then switch the frequency. Although before, I could just switch it and by pressing cancel, start a clean render from scratch at the required frequency. Let me customize this as well. Please

I sincerely hope that at least I can draw your attention, sometimes such trifles cause much more annoying problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
цвет волшебства

The automation/clip fade noise and the inability to turn off auto tempo/auto pitch being written into renders are not trifles. They are pretty big flaws. I'm hoping version 13 brings some good news 🤟

ndrw9138 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:34 pm
FigBug wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:58 pm

'Ask if the file should be copied into project'
same here.

Return to “Tracktion”