Beta 12.5.17 now available

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:41 pm

Yes I noticed that and edited my post. You caught me before I could change it..... :lol:

What is the purpose of "Insert Edit Clip" ? I wanted to "Insert Midi Clip" but accidentally chose the wrong one.
You can insert other edits in an edit. Must admit I've never really found a use for it.

Think the original idea was that one could work on dfferent song parts in diff edits and the put them all together. Kind of redundant with the Arranger track now.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Ahhh I see, thanks. Yes seems a bit confusing to me. I wonder if the other people who reported the "No Source Set" issue made the same mistake I did?

What sucks is I got new glasses last week including a pair just of the studio but I guess I still can't see sh*t... :oops:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

operandx wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:45 pm Kind of redundant with the Arranger track now.
Exactly. The Edit mode is pretty outdated, although I rarely use it when experimenting with different time signatures ("can't decide between 3/4 and 6/8, so let's compare both").

BTW, I'd be happy to see "Edit clip" replaced with "Automation clip," so I can copy automation curves and MIDI data from place to place and track to track.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

operandx wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:45 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:41 pm

Yes I noticed that and edited my post. You caught me before I could change it..... :lol:

What is the purpose of "Insert Edit Clip" ? I wanted to "Insert Midi Clip" but accidentally chose the wrong one.
You can insert other edits in an edit. Must admit I've never really found a use for it.

Think the original idea was that one could work on dfferent song parts in diff edits and the put them all together. Kind of redundant with the Arranger track now.
I use edit clips when the track count starts creating audio glitches and drop outs. I'll put an edit clip of an instrumental in a new edit just for recording vocals. If I need to go back and make changes to the instrumental edit, they show up immediately in the new edit.
Win11 (64-bit) | 2.6GHz Intel i7 9th Gen, 16GB RAM | UAD Volt 2 | Tracktion Waveform 13 Pro/Cockos Reaper 7/Ableton Live 11 Standard/Presonus Studio One 6.6 Pro | A multitude of paid-for and free VST plugs/samples

Well shoot, still no response to my support ticket from March 8th (other than the auto "request received" message) and still no response here despite FigBug having visited yesterday.

A simple "we are aware of the issue and are seeking a solution" would be sufficient. Silence is not a good look for the company.

To me the "Count In Click" issue is not just a bug but a major flaw in Waveform Pro so if they can't fix it then I'll have to move on despite having fallen in love with Waveform so far and of course upgrading to version 13 would make no sense....... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:23 pm Well shoot, still no response to my support ticket from March 8th (other than the auto "request received" message) and still no response here despite FigBug having visited yesterday.

A simple "we are aware of the issue and are seeking a solution" would be sufficient. Silence is not a good look for the company.

To me the "Count In Click" issue is not just a bug but a major flaw in Waveform Pro so if they can't fix it then I'll have to move on despite having fallen in love with Waveform so far and of course upgrading to version 13 would make no sense....... :?
I agree. Only free update from 12 to 13 will be a reason not to leave Tracktion

Vollofi wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:32 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:23 pm Well shoot, still no response to my support ticket from March 8th (other than the auto "request received" message) and still no response here despite FigBug having visited yesterday.

I guess it's goodbye then because I can't see that happening. They already added alot of functionality for free with the 12 to 12.5 update and they've got to eat. That being said I really hope that fixes for the long standing bugs propagate back to 12. They have already issued some recent bug fixes for some of 12's issues so I'm guessing more will be forthcoming.

operandx wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:29 pm
Vollofi wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:32 pm

I guess it's goodbye then because I can't see that happening. They already added alot of functionality for free with the 12 to 12.5 update and they've got to eat. That being said I really hope that fixes for the long standing bugs propagate back to 12. They have already issued some recent bug fixes for some of 12's issues so I'm guessing more will be forthcoming.
what is the goal of business? to create bad product and loose customers? so, they did well!

Vollofi wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:22 pm
what is the goal of business? to create bad product and loose customers? so, they did well!
You have an opinion, which you are fully entitled to. However, I suspect that I'm not alone in thinking that Waveform is not a 'bad product' as is and looks forward to what 13 might bring to the table. That is not to say that WF is without flaws, some of them highly irritating to yourself and others, I get that. Having used DAWs since the late 1990s, I've yet to find one that didn't have flaws or irritations in one way or another.

operandx wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:45 pm
Vollofi wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:22 pm
You have an opinion, which you are fully entitled to. However, I suspect that I'm not alone in thinking that Waveform is not a 'bad product' as is and looks forward to what 13 might bring to the table. That is not to say that WF is without flaws, some of them highly irritating to yourself and others, I get that. Having used DAWs since the late 1990s, I've yet to find one that didn't have flaws or irritations in one way or another.
Since DAW is an instrument for production and a tool for a job, laggy/baggy DAW is bad product :)

For the record I don't have any problem paying for the 12 to 13 upgrade if it contains things that I need or want but paying to fix a major flaw in any software does not sit well with me.

I love Waveform and would like to make it my main DAW but the count in click issue is a deal breaker for me. If they can't or won't fix it then I have no choice but to move on. I'm not going to invest my time and money into a DAW that forces me to work at certain BPMs or requires workarounds for such a basic function.

What also does not sit well with me is a lack of communication from any developer. Take care of your business or one day you might wake up and not have one.

Yeah its definitely not a bad product and I think a ton of others would agree. I too hope they continue to iron out bugs and work on stability but I' looking forward to what 13 brings. Waveform is so unique in a lot of ways that I love so if it can function properly and remain stable during large projects I'd consider making it my main DAW.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Check out BETA 12.5.18
https://marketplace.tracktion.com/downl ... chive?v=12
Give yourself the opportunity to discover something.

For sue...bug ffixes and stability are paramount. Otherwise a useless toy.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

dajonaga wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:29 pm Check out BETA 12.5.18
https://marketplace.tracktion.com/downl ... chive?v=12
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll install tomorrow. :tu:

"Audio: Fixed extra click in click track at high BPMs"

I did finally get a response from Tracktion support late yesterday:

"I have tested this and confirmed it. I have submitted a bug report to our dev team and they will get to work on it as soon as they can".

That was a really fast fix so I'm back to feeling warm and fuzzy about Waveform. If the issue is indeed fixed it will be my main DAW going forward and the upgrade to version 13 will almost certainly be an insta-buy. :)

Return to “Tracktion”