Beta 12.5.17 now available

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think I finally found the drum sampler load bug. Also fixed the subtractive deadlock.

Code: Select all

12.5.17:
- Sampler:          Fixed samples not reloading correctly
- Subtractive:      Fixed crash with spinal saw
https://marketplace.tracktion.com/downl ... chive?v=12

Hello again FigBug,

Thanks for the very quick fixes!
Subtractive works here, and so does the micro drum sampler retaining it's samples.

Got another bug where the metronome adds an extra beat to the count-in on tempos >=141 bpm. This also effects the emphasis on beats when 'Emphasize downbeats' is selected in the metronome contextual menu, either adding or missing the emphasis, such as an extra emphasis on the 2 in a 4/4. This was tested using both the virtual MIDI & audio inputs on an empty track & empty project using MacOS Sonoma 14.4 ARM. Thanks again!

Thank you for your time with this FigBug! These little fixes will make Waveform so much better going forward
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

FigBug wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:34 pm I think I finally found the drum sampler load bug. Also fixed the subtractive deadlock.

Code: Select all

12.5.17:
- Sampler:          Fixed samples not reloading correctly
- Subtractive:      Fixed crash with spinal saw
https://marketplace.tracktion.com/downl ... chive?v=12
Thanks but what about the major bug in the "Count in to Record" Click with BPMs over 137? I've reported the issue here and opened a support ticket which has not had a response in 5 business days. It's also been reported by at least one other user.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Set BPM to 140, Set to 4/4
2. Set Count in to 2 Bars
3. Hit Record.

The pre-record click is off by two beats (10 instead of 8 ) and the emphasis on the first beat is off (CLICK click click click becomes CLICK CLICK click click) making it impossible to get the proper groove before recording starts.

It works perfectly at BPMs under 135 and if three empty bars are added to the start of the track.

I'll try this Beta but since it's not mentioned in the change log I doubt the bug has been addressed.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Certain plugins display a blank top bar. The buttons still work, just not visible.

Plugins:
- Cherry audio plugins
- Scaler 2
- Minimal Audio plugins (Rift lite)
- Aberrant DSP (Sketch Cassette 2 & Shape Shifter)
- Applied Acoustics plugins (AAS Player)
- Audiothing plugins
- Baby audio plugins
- IK Multimedia plugins

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.29.14 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ndrw9138 on Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hi Figbug,

I can confirm that the micro sampler reloads the samples correctly now. Thank you!

ndrw9138 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:34 am Certain plugins display a blank top bar. The buttons still work, just not visible.

Plugins:
- Cherry audio plugins
- Scaler 2
- Audiothing plugins
- Baby audio plugins
- IK Multimedia plugins

Never seen this with plugins you identify, on any of my Windows 10/11 machines. Suspect it is something specific to your setup. More info on your system would be useful to anyone trying to help. Are graphics drivers up to date?
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

operandx wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:56 am
ndrw9138 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:34 am Certain plugins display a blank top bar. The buttons still work, just not visible.

Plugins:
- Cherry audio plugins
- Scaler 2
- Audiothing plugins
- Baby audio plugins
- IK Multimedia plugins

Never seen this with plugins you identify, on any of my Windows 10/11 machines. Suspect it is something specific to your setup. More info on your system would be useful to anyone trying to help. Are graphics drivers up to date?
I'm on MacOS Sonoma 14.4 M2 native (not rosetta). No drivers to update. I rolled back to 12.5.14 and the issue isn't there. Just the newer betas.

ndrw9138 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:32 pm

Plugins:
- Cherry audio plugins
- Scaler 2
- Audiothing plugins
- Baby audio plugins
- IK Multimedia plugins

I'm on MacOS Sonoma 14.4 M2 native (not rosetta). No drivers to update. I rolled back to 12.5.14 and the issue isn't there. Just the newer betas.
I've tested for "Blank top bar" bug in Windows 11 and Ubuntu 23.10 (Linux), with Cherry Audio (yabridge) and AudioThing plugins, and the bug is not there.

In other words, the top bar shows as intended, no issues whatsoever.
Give yourself the opportunity to discover something.

dajonaga wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:12 am
ndrw9138 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:32 pm

Plugins:
- Cherry audio plugins
- Scaler 2
- Audiothing plugins
- Baby audio plugins
- IK Multimedia plugins

I've tested for "Blank top bar" bug in Windows 11 and Ubuntu 23.10 (Linux), with Cherry Audio (yabridge) and AudioThing plugins, and the bug is not there.

In other words, the top bar shows as intended, no issues whatsoever.
Safe to say, this is a Mac only bug?

I tried Rosetta mode on and off, and still get the same blank bar, but only for those plugin manufacturers listed, and only the VST2 & VST3 versions, AU works.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:17 am Thanks but what about the major bug in the "Count in to Record" Click with BPMs over 137?
11 days with no response to my Tracktion support ticket and no response to the issue in this thread does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about Waveform or Tracktion. :?

Anyway I tried beta 17 and the issue is somewhat better at 140 BPM. There is still a slight audio glitch then the count in runs properly. At 150 BPM it's still broken as described above.

I notice that turning off the Click track itself seems to help the Count in to Record click. Seems like there may be some conflict with the count in click and the click track after recording starts.

Again under 135 BMP and it works fine. The audio glitch starts to appear at around 137 BPM. Windows 10.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:19 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:17 am Thanks but what about the major bug in the "Count in to Record" Click with BPMs over 137?
11 days with no response to my Tracktion support ticket and no response to the issue in this thread does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about Waveform or Tracktion. :?

Anyway I tried beta 17 and the issue is somewhat better at 140 BPM. There is still a slight audio glitch then the count in runs properly. At 150 BPM it's still broken as described above.

I notice that turning off the Click track itself seems to help the Count in to Record click. Seems like there may be some conflict with the count in click and the click track after recording starts.

Again under 135 BMP and it works fine. The audio glitch starts to appear at around 137 BPM. Windows 10.
Mate. It's Tracktion, my post was about that!

Your post where?

Anyway I think I saw someone else post this next issue recently. I'm getting the "No Source Set" issue periodically even though there is definitely an instrument set on the track.

EDIT: Ok I think I've found the cause.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 pm Your post where?

Anyway I think I saw someone else post this next issue recently. I'm getting the "No Source Set" issue periodically even though there is definitely an instrument set on the track.

In the case shown below Icarus will respond to notes from my midi keyboard and make sound but the clip is not seeing the incoming notes and it's not possible to mouse notes into the piano roll either.

WF 031924-4.png
That's an edit clip not a midi clip. An edit clip needs a source edit.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

operandx wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 pm That's an edit clip not a midi clip. An edit clip needs a source edit.
Yes I noticed that and edited my post. You caught me before I could change it..... :lol:

What is the purpose of "Insert Edit Clip" ? I wanted to "Insert Midi Clip" but accidentally chose the wrong one.

Return to “Tracktion”