How does your stuff end up on iHeartRadio?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Second email I got from my distributor saying one of my songs was found on iHeartRadio. (Big US media conglom). Trouble is, neither he nor I put it there. Does anyone know how this works? Do they leech off other services? Should I be getting paid from them? I'm very confused. Thanks for any responses.

N/M - It's all semantics. They do distribute. I just don't understand why every other service I get emails saying 'you're on XXXX', but for iHeartRadio it's always 'we found'. I think they found it because they put it there.

One of my songs ended up on some Russian site. I only found out when I googled it and my name. I asked, as the copyright owner, for them to remove it, and it appears they did.
Another reason why I don't put my stuff out there.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

It just makes me nervous saying 'we found' because there's a clause in the distributor agreement that if they 'find' a song where it's not supposed to be, Spotify will refuse it.

Everything I've ever released in mp3 form exists on Russian sites. I kid you not. It was prevalent enough there I've been after my first album contacted by someone with a digital composite "mixtape" (with interjections of odd things to make it seem like Zappa's Lather). Despite the fan's enthusiasm I wasn't thrilled because it was low res and basically stolen.
I don't reckon it impacts "sales" :help: There sure wasn't any one individual to contact, in fact for some reason I don't get it's worldwide. But the Russians seem the most avid thieves (I have no data on it :P )

"Does anyone know how this works?" yeah, if it exists on any website whatsoever it's no hard task to steal it (however if it's the same resolution that you published, something worse than normal happened).

I'd think showing up on "I heart radio" means someone thinks it's commercial enough to trade on.
Trust me, it doesn't have to be to get stolen.

If one is going to make music that sounds like other music in a wide sense, this is that world. Pop music is all about appropriating ideas outright. Why not go whole hog.[/editorial off]
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

at the moment, i don't really care where my stuff ends up

my "stuff" are incredibly shitty
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”