Bounce in Place - Desactivate VST synth or not?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I "Bounce in Place" a VST synth (eg Zebra, Omnisphere) should I then Deactivate the synth - I am not sure the logic - is there an audio track (the bounced version) playing on top of the actual midi synth track so both are playing at the same time (if its not deactivated), or does the audio track overide the midi track ?

It turns into a Hybrid track. You can bounce down only sections/individual clips of a VSTI and have that be audio, and still have MIDI sections/clips on the rest of the track. MIDI/AUDIO can both live on the same track with a Hybrid track. It's an awesome feature of Bitwig.

For example; I could have a Zebra track with a bunch of MIDI clips along the arrange window, and I think "Hmmm, this would sound neat if I could reverse this one phrase like audio." So I can just "bounce in place" that clip on the track, and it turns into the synth audio, then I can reverse it. The bounced audio is audio from the synth without the other plug-ins you have after the synth, so it plays back thru the rest of your signal flow chain (plug-ins you might have inserted) just like it was coming from the synth. Make sense?

If you bounced down the entire track and don't need the VSTI synth anymore, then you can deactivate the synth if you want so it's cleared from memory/resources. You can also just "bounce" the track to a new track with options for pre-fader or post-fader to a new track. This option is essentially Bitwig's version of "freeze track" kinda sorta. You bounce the track down, then you can deactivate the original track so it's free from memory/resources.

Cheers
"music is the best"

Thanks for clarifying - hybrid, yes.

Return to “Bitwig”