BWS 5 browser/filter

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:20 pm
pc999 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:22 am V4 browser as way better IMO.
I like the side browser in BW5 better, but never use the popup browser now, it's just a mess and makes it so complicated to find anything (and mainly I am just wanting to load/change presets but even finding those takes so many mouse clicks)
I would LIKE a SIMPLE < / > STEPPER_brwowser.. each old MIDI-Instrument and most VSTi has... JUST a simple skip-trough >/< PRESET )trougg this Bank(INstument/Device)... without opwening the BRWOSER as EXTRA_WINDOW::: tousend Mouse-ways... just a skipper,,, in direct work....
BUR for oranize my presets/to "folder" / copy/paste/reorganize... this BASE-sound (and variations) ...... is mostly BWS/FINDER/EXPLORER... better... than then MIDI_PC... But why not combine the fastSKIPPER and the possibilitys to save/organize/rename/reorder... create BANKS/FOLDER... in ONE CONCEPT with the BEST from booth worlds... ???

In FACT... BWS has so much really world-class FX and SYNTHS... But this wide-window-preset-change... i prefer VSTIi which allows to SKIP trought the PRESETS with simple >/< Buttons...

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:20 pm but never use the popup browser now, it's just a mess and makes it so complicated to find anything (and mainly I am just wanting to load/change presets but even finding those takes so many mouse clicks)
I don't understand the problem... but multiple people have it so there must be something.

In my case, maybe 75% of the time when using the popup browser, I have what I am looking for in the project within 4-7 seconds with zero mouse clicks. It's freakin awesome!

The other 25% is when I am not sure what I want. Even then, navigation is fast via key command. I like the v5 browser specifically because the mouse is not needed.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:54 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:20 pm but never use the popup browser now, it's just a mess and makes it so complicated to find anything (and mainly I am just wanting to load/change presets but even finding those takes so many mouse clicks)
I don't understand the problem... but multiple people have it so there must be something.

In my case, maybe 75% of the time when using the popup browser, I have what I am looking for in the project within 4-7 seconds with zero mouse clicks. It's freakin awesome!

The other 25% is when I am not sure what I want. Even then, navigation is fast via key command. I like the v5 browser specifically because the mouse is not needed.
The previous vst selector was genius, everything in one view. As for now i dont know how i can see all the vsts i have. And spend quite some hours on the new browser, can get around with the sample browser on the right side, but i do not find it really an improvement. I know my sample packs and where i got them stored so i rather browse or used the old search. I think it would be better if the new stuff was a kind of seperate browser if you want to do some advanced searching. For me it doesnt feel so intuitive as bitwig is for the most.

I wish i could fall back to 4, but i changed my license on bitwig 5 so no way to roll back without big restraints.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:54 pm

I guess it must be a mindset thing, I don’t understand how some people find it to be usable but you do. Mind you I don’t get NI Playbox either but see some people raving about it. Maybe some day it will just click with me?

Nazlive wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:42 pm
As for now i dont know how i can see all the vsts i have.
Make a Collection with all your VST's.
Add that Collection as a Quick Source
Quick Sources 1-9 have key commands.

You can make the Collection with all VST's the default.

If the Collection name you made is "VST's", type vst and hit tab key to go to that Collection.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:42 pm
Nazlive wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:42 pm
As for now i dont know how i can see all the vsts i have.
Make a Collection with all your VST's.
Add that Collection as a Quick Source
Quick Sources 1-9 have key commands.

You can make the Collection with all VST's the default.

If the Collection name you made is "VST's", type vst and hit tab key to go to that Collection.

Thanks for the tip ill have a look at it later. But thats sounds like quite a hastle. Do i need to add every new vst?

It still doesnt make sense to me why the removed the old window. That was a selling point imo.

Nazlive wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:48 pm Do i need to add every new vst?
If you make a Smart Collection filtered for plugins, then every new CLAP or VST plugin you add will automatically be in there.

You can then make that the default if you want.

Ugh... never had rhis problem. But ive made collections (comps,EQ, etc) but now it takes ages for the list to get populated.?? Ive got to wait at least 10secs to show the list for instance my EQ collection.

Return to “Bitwig”