Beta v12.5.19

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://marketplace.tracktion.com/downl ... chive?v=12

Code: Select all

- UI: Fixed missing plugin headers
Can y'all give this a quick spin and if it's ok it'll go to full release Monday?

Wow. Thanks for this quick string of bug fixes.
It's nice to see them happen before the W13 release.
Kudos!

Plugin headers looking good here!

This might not be a Waveform bug, however drag and drop to Melda's MSoundFactory's samplers doesn't work on MacOS. It does work on Windows 11. Waveform's samplers and other 3rd party plugins work fine with drag and drop. I feel this is an issue on Melda's end. Anyway to confirm?

Steps:
- Add MSoundFactory (VST2, VST3, or AU) to empty track
- In MSoundFactory:
- Click edit (upper right corner)
- Click 'Generator' in middle top of window
- Add 'Sampler' to first row of modules
- Drag and drop file from Waveform's browser (either filename or the file icon) to 'Regions' section of MSoundFactory (directly above keyboard).

This can also be replicated with Melda’s MConvolutionMB.

Perhaps Waveform handles drag and drop differently between OSes?

Machines:
MacOS Sonoma 14.4 M2, Windows 11, Waveform 12.5.19 beta (ARM)

Your work is very appreciated FigBug and Waveform team. Thank you!
Last edited by ndrw9138 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FigBug wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:34 pm
Will cross modulation be fixed in version 12? And the most important issues with recording delay and noise during automation? Or will this be fixed in version 13?
Or will this not be fixed in either versions 12 or 13?

Dang the betas are coming faster than I can install them. :D

I didn't have the plugin header issue here but I'll install 12.5.19 tomorrow and give it a good testing. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You might as well wait for 12.5.20 the way Figbug is rolling.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

All hail FigBug, fixer of bugs! :hail:
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

nowgad wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:40 pm Will cross modulation be fixed in version 12?
Yes.
nowgad wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:40 pm And the most important issues with recording delay and noise during automation? Or will this be fixed in version 13?
These are still todo, not sure when that will happen.

FigBug wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:21 am
nowgad wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:40 pm Will cross modulation be fixed in version 12?
Yes.
What good news. thank you!
FigBug wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:21 am
nowgad wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:40 pm And the most important issues with recording delay and noise during automation? Or will this be fixed in version 13?
These are still todo, not sure when that will happen.
I will really hope so! I'm not the only one thinking. Thanks again!

FigBug, would you guys from Tracktion like to open a discord channel? It would be easier to track everything and regulate messages in topics: in bugs - only bugs, requests for new functions - only in this topic, flooding - only in this topic. Break everything down into topics for your products. I think there will be moderators who will monitor this. It will be easier to do all this there than here.

Great! Thanks FigBug!
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

Watchful wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:03 am You might as well wait for 12.5.20 the way Figbug is rolling.
Well it would be a good idea to confirm 12.5.19 is working first so it can move on to beta 20 or a release version.

With that in mind I have tested 19 including all the #T effects plugins and I don't see any issues with plugin headers.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

nowgad wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:13 am FigBug, would you guys from Tracktion like to open a discord channel? It would be easier to track everything and regulate messages in topics: in bugs - only bugs, requests for new functions - only in this topic, flooding - only in this topic. Break everything down into topics for your products. I think there will be moderators who will monitor this. It will be easier to do all this there than here.
To be honest I really dislike Discord. I find it too disjointed and visually cluttered. I'd rather deal with forums such as this one.

Just look at the FL Studio discord :shock:

Discord 032424-1.png

But if Tracktion makes a discord page I'd at least give it a go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Discord is not a very good medium for tracking bugs and talking about issues. You start a discussion about something, the discussion finishes or a new discussion starts, and then it's pretty much lost to the ether. You can't really talk about multiple things at once in the same channel either. They've got their own forum functionality, but at that point why not just use a real forum that is searchable on Google?
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Maybe I'm just old and stupid but Discord does my brain in. It's a shotgun blast of visual overload and I can't keep track of what's going on.

I don't know what the size of the Waveform user base is but I think this sub-forum is up to the task of handling communications at least for the time being. There is always support for bug reports.

But again if Tracktion makes a Discord I'll give it a go but I don't fancy my chances of ever feeling comfortable there. I'm not getting any younger or any smarter..... :lol:

Return to “Tracktion”