43-inch PC screen for mao

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is this screen suitable for mao in terms of its size and definition?

For Cubase Pro 13 and Live Suite 11/12?

There will be no problems with dimension and display reading with VST and plugins?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

what the f**k is mao?

mao zeapple

ROFLMao
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Mao = Computer-assisted music (daw, vst, plugins)

how does that initialism even make any sense?

you know, a derf,
an audio assisted digital workstation

It's a term IRCAM came up with so being French... Musique assistée par ordinateur

french, aaah obviously

brrrt

yes that monitor looks kinda dope

And I thought it was a typo, and he actually meant Mac.

Trancer wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:08 am Is this screen suitable for mao DAW in terms of its size and definition?
Why don't you just buy it and return if it doesn't work out, like all the rest of the world does.

But if you wanna know what to expect with 4k pixels across 42.5 inches... That 42.5 inch is the diagonal. Assuming a 16:9 aspect ratio (and the diagonal then representing 18.35 according to Pythagoras) that's 16 * 42.5/18.35 = 37 inch of horizontal screen estate.

If "4k" may mean 3800 pixels, then the resolution is 3800/37 = somewhat above 100 dpi: in my experience an average pixel size.

Repeat the same calculation for your current display. Then you know whether pixels get larger or smaller, and whether you need to do scaling (and thus get fuzzy graphics) to keep your eyes happy.
Last edited by BertKoor on Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

It really depends on the viewing distance. Even if plugins are not resizable, or scalable, you will be able to read everything if you're reasonable close to the monitor.

On the other hand, if you're that close to the monitor, you will already have to move your head left/right and up and down to view the stuff displayed. Which IMO is a bit excessive, meaning that you really don't need such a big display when you're that close.

Up to (your) consideration.

4K resolution is fine. Mac and PC handle scaling differently, so you might need to adjust settings based on your preference for text size. A 42" 4K screen will have a noticeable pixels vs. something like 27" 4K, but only if you sit close to the screen. Given the size I suspect you aim to be some distance back from it.

i have a 32" 2K which is great.
i think a 42" monitor would be about the maximum you could fit between 5" speakers before the stereo spread starts to get stretched out of context. for my liking anyways.
42" 4K sounds pretty good, same as my TV, and when i hook the macbook up to it, there is a whole lotta real estate. Presuming you'll be sitting 2 1/2 - 3 feet from it.

For reference, I found this a handy tool:

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculat ... ulator.php

Lets you figure out the pixel density of a screen. I found it handy when comparing monitors, I didn't want anything with text smaller then my current FHD 24" screen so could see that a 32" QHD for instance would have the same PPI.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”