Feature requested for years still not solved in W13 :-( [SOLVED!!!]

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please, please...! Make the Automation lanes follow global tempo change. Please. This one is real dealbreaker for me, and I've seen many requests for this in several years.
And add the abbility to change gradients in Loudness meters, and I'm the happiest Waveformer in the world ;-) :-D
Waveform becomes a serious DAW, but these two features are quite essential and are still missing.
Thank you ;-)
Last edited by UnionS8 on Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

I am not at the computer where I have my Waveform running and cannot guide you in detail to the setting where you choose if Automations should follow change tempo changes. Maybe look through all settings and options and when you found the option test if this wouldn't do what you want. Sorry to not be able to help more with this, but give it it a try, I am sure to have seen some option like this!
(Waveform PRO 13, Linux)

Well, according this tab, it should work. But it doesn't. Every time I change the Global Tempo, the Automation lanes stay at place, they don't shrink/expand as they should, so automation events are not aligned to notes anymore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UnionS8 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:51 am Please, please...! Make the Automation lanes follow global tempo change. Please. This one is real dealbreaker for me, and I've seen many requests for this in several years.
And add the abbility to change gradients in Loudness meters, and I'm the happiest Waveformer in the world ;-) :-D
Waveform becomes a serious DAW, but these two features are quite essential and are still missing.
Thank you ;-)
Have you tried Tempo change remapping options in Settings->general
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Here: The first row is a MIDI clip at 120 BPM with an automation below. The second row is the same clip at 140 BPM. The clip follows the tempo change, but the automation doesn't. Notes don't align with the automation anymore (the automation stays at original "time stamps", not measures).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

operandx wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:14 am
UnionS8 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:51 am Please, please...! Make the Automation lanes follow global tempo change. Please. This one is real dealbreaker for me, and I've seen many requests for this in several years.
Thank you ;-)
Did you see my first screenshot above? Do you mean this? Or is there any other option I don't know? Thank you.

UnionS8 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:22 am
operandx wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:14 am
Thank you ;-)
Did you see my first screenshot above? Do you mean this? Or is there any other option I don't know? Thank you.
Sorry, cross posted before I saw your image. Yes that's what I meant. I expected it would work, maybe a bug.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

I just tested it and can indeed confirm that it isn't working at all.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

So then it's not an un-granted feature request it's a bug. Contact support.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

UnionS8 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:11 am Well, according this tab, it should work. But it doesn't. Every time I change the Global Tempo, the Automation lanes stay at place, they don't shrink/expand as they should, so automation events are not aligned to notes anymore.
If you changed this setting after you added the plugin to the edit, then you will need to go in and change the setting for each plugin. This setting controls the defaults, and then you can customize later for each specific plugin.

Also, how are you changing the tempo? From transport area, tempo track, actions panel, properties panel?

FigBug wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:00 pm
UnionS8 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:11 am Well, according this tab, it should work. But it doesn't. Every time I change the Global Tempo, the Automation lanes stay at place, they don't shrink/expand as they should, so automation events are not aligned to notes anymore.
If you changed this setting after you added the plugin to the edit, then you will need to go in and change the setting for each plugin. This setting controls the defaults, and then you can customize later for each specific plugin.

Also, how are you changing the tempo? From transport area, tempo track, actions panel, properties panel?
OMG! How long has it been added to Waveform? :-D Thank you so much, @FigBug! I tested it in W12 too and it works as well. I've been asking for this feature for several years, and even left Waveform altogether because of it. Oh yeah! :dog: I'm so glad, I can hop on again! I love you, I love Waveform :-D
P.S. Custom gradients in Mixer meters? ;-) :hyper:

Return to “Tracktion”