KISS

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.cbs17.com/news/national-new ... aboration/

The shift for the next generation.
Music videos back in the day were cosidered stupid by many artists and we see how well that went so this avatar live show shit will succeed.

Gene Simmons wrote: “We’re not going to tour again as Kiss, period,” he says. “We’re not going to go put the makeup on and go out there
Im calling it, Gene and Paul will bring two tag alongs and tour under a new name. I'm going to say it will be called KISS ARMY with a new logo.

cbs17.com wrote:This content is not available in your country/region.
Well thanks, that saved me clicking away a cookie banner and finding the content between the adds.
wikipedia wrote:2023–present: aftermath and digital avatars
At the end of the band's final show in New York City, it was announced that the band would live on as digital avatars for fully virtual stage show performances, which was created by Industrial Light and Magic and Pophouse, who had previously created ABBA's similar ABBAtar digital presentation. While Simmons stated that $200 million was being invested for the avatars, the first digital avatar shows are set to start in 2027, with Thayer stating in a January 2024 interview that it would "take some time to get the imagery" where the band would want it to be, regarding it as the future of entertainment.

Simmons is currently continuing to work with the American rock-inspired restaurant Rock & Brews, and performing with his solo band, in which he announced his first post-Kiss show which will take place in Brazil in April 2024.

In April 2024, It was announced Kiss has been sold to Pophouse,for a reported $300 million
:$: :shrug: :zzz:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

You're all too young, but back in the day Marvel put out a KISS comic book and the ink had been mixed with blood from the band. True story.

Now that's marketing.

osiris wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:27 pm You're all too young, but back in the day Marvel put out a KISS comic book and the ink had been mixed with blood from the band. True story.

Now that's marketing.
yeah, they pricked their thumbs, like at the doctors, then mixed those 4 drops, with all the ink in the vat :lol:
id be impressed, if all the red ink, was their blood, for every copy sold. :shrug:

Sticky pages....

osiris wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:27 pmTrue story.
We don't know that. We weren't there.
Now that's marketing.
Precisely. Have people believe they dumped cups and cups of blood after severly piercing themselves, almost to death, all for some comic book. It's a great way to get interest and sales.
BertKoor wrote: :$: :shrug: :zzz:
That's saying the obvious, everything is about money and yes it gets boring.

Do you people not see the bigger picture? Concert going is becoming EXTINCT. Yes, you read right, you will NOT be going to any Hole reunion because there won't *be* a Hole reunion since all concert venues will be converted into cell phone recycling centers!! And you don't even care!!!

In 1995, an anime film called Ghost In The Shell mentioned all -everything including all forms of entertainment - would be done online by 2022.
Here we are 2024 and this film's prophecy is COMING TRUE.
It's here!!
Now!!!

VOODOO U wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:23 pm Do you people not see the bigger picture? Concert going is becoming EXTINCT.
Naah, the investments needed to produce a holo-concert is too high. $200 million, 4 years elapsed time. A normal show is (still) far cheaper to get on the road.

And yes, the rockers of the seventies are getting extinct indeed.

I went to see the Rolling Stones in '89. Not because I liked them that much (did not buy a T-shirt when I was there) but because I thought that could be the last chance to see them.

Nothing lasts forever...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I never understood why Kiss was popular. I’ve heard there songs hundreds of times and I can’t recall a single one. I’m confused as to why anyone would want the rights to any of it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Always detested them. Any band that relied on gimmicks like they did was usually to distract from mediocre music.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

^
Exactly, KISS approached it like a boy band. Not for the artistry but as a business venture. Well done to them for that
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Concerts will NEVER go extinct now that you get paid $0.03 per stream.

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:44 am I never understood why Kiss was popular. I’ve heard there songs hundreds of times and I can’t recall a single one. I’m confused as to why anyone would want the rights to any of it.
Their music was always pretty bog standard blues rock, it's the image and marketing and KISS lunch boxes that have set them apart for decades. :lol:

Edit: Don't forget Gene Simmons tongue. :P

https://www.ebay.com/b/Kiss-Lunchbox/434/bn_55190274
Last edited by lotus2035 on Thu May 02, 2024 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, I mean, could it be that the company is obtaining the rights in order to…..drum roll….make some money?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

BertKoor wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:41 am Naah, the investments needed to produce a holo-concert is too high. $200 million, 4 years elapsed time.
The investment to make a film can be just as high and time consuming and as we know, there are many who invest in the production of these expensive films.
Pophouse wouldn't be investing in buying out rights to bands if they feel there wasn't any profit (and the ABBA investment has shown there is definitely profit that can be made).
Since it's a virtual entity, there's more creative freedom that would be more entertaining than going to an actual concert.
Couple this with holographic 3D projections that will soon be the norm, people can entertain themselves right in the comfort of their home.
Why bother with driving, traffic, parking and refreshment costs?
Add to this the price of an expensive ticket for a nosebleed seat.
In fact, I can see future generations seeing conert going days as insanity.
I went to see the Rolling Stones in '89. Not because I liked them that much (did not buy a T-shirt when I was there) but because I thought that could be the last chance to see them.
And it was indeed the last chance to see the original lineup. I went as well, Steel Wheels tour with Guns n Roses and Living Colour supporting.
Paid 20 bucks for a t shirt with all 3 bands on it, sold it on eBay for i think 80 bucks.
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:44 am ^
Exactly, KISS approached it like a boy band. Not for the artistry but as a business venture. Well done to them for that
Speaking of business, I had heard through the grapevine that Gene and Paul invested in other labels to control the rock/metal market.
If you look at rock/glam rock bands/artists who became very succesful, many of them supported KISS before breaking big.
Bands like AC/DC, Van Halen and i think even Bon Jovi, all did business with Gene during their signing processes.
Even doom metal acts like Pentagram were visited by Gene and Paul for possible business negotiations.
Basically, during the 80s, Gene and Paul were holding the reigns on who got signed and promoted in the rock/metal department and their secret weapon was Vinnie Vincent.
VV did most of the writing for many bands' hit songs (as a ghost writer) including KISS even after they fired him from the band.
How's that for the rumor mill?
osiris wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:48 pm Concerts will NEVER go extinct
Covid 22 will take care of that.

Or VR or AR.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”