13.0.37 Beta Available

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://marketplace.tracktion.com/downl ... chive?v=13

Code: Select all

- Launcher: Fixed an issue where the "play arranger" action would be disabled after moving a clip from the launcher

- Plugins: Don't allow plugin windows to open when modal dialog box is open
- Linux: Fixed new project dialog opening in the top left of the screen
- Bugs: Fixed app needed restart before `Clips the output from Waveform to 0dB` would take effect
- Controllers: Launchkey Mini Mk3: Blink drum pads on press
- Controllers: Launchkey Mini Mk3: Retrospective record on shift + record
- MIDI: Improved drag behaviour after creating very small notes

- Bugs: Fixed copy and paste of group clips
- Bugs: Fixed floating actions or favourite actions window appearing partly off screen
- Shortcuts: Added setting the start-position flag to the RTZ action
- Shortcuts: Added a "Jump to the play start position" action
- Wavetable: Fixed UI text
- FFpmeg: Fixed newly opened video window does not become initialized showing current frame
- FFpmeg: Add H.265 encoding
- UI: Fixed hide buttons in tracks panel not refreshing
- UI: Remove delay when switching between MIDI, step clip and audio file previews
- MIDI: Fixed note-off events getting sent straight after note-on events for MIDI outputs (including with Insert plugins)
- MIDI: Avoided sending duplicate MIDI messages to output devices
- MIDI: Fixed MIDI recordings incorrectly merging in to existing earlier clips
- UI: Added option to ask if multi out plugins should be wrapped in a rack

- UI: When selecting tracks, ensure the scroll into view in mixer
- UI: Keep selected tracks in view when selecting from tracks panel
- Windows: Stop plugin windows from going under popout mixer window
- Insert plugin: Fixed the reported latency from the auto-detect operation
- Start-flag: Fixed clicking in the timeline-bar not correctly setting the start-position flag
- Audio clips: Fixed renaming an audio clip in a slot not updating to the new file if the "Renaming a clip also renames its source item" option is enabled

Thank you for your work on W13. It gives me a new passion for Waveform again!!!
PS: Those custom gradients in Mixer meters? ;-) Or am I the only one who asks for it? Then I'll understand and stop it :-D I'm used to set several "break points" in the meters, so I can clearly and quickly see how's it with gainstaging...
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

Hi

Just to confirm as per my other thread, the Linux version currently does not install on Ubuntu 24.04 Beta:

Code: Select all

sudo apt install ./waveform13_13.0.37_amd64.deb 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'waveform13' instead of './waveform13_13.0.37_amd64.deb'
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
 waveform13 : Depends: libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Ryzen 5 8600G, 32GB DDR5, Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Waveform Pro 13, Mixbus Pro 10, Reaper 7, Bitwig 5.1.

After a quick test on this system it appears that the Midi Clip issue I reported has been fixed. :hyper:

I'll install the beta on my studio system and test further. I'll report back in a while...... :)

EDIT: WooHoo! It appears the Midi Clip issue has indeed been fixed but I'll keep testing.

Thanks Figbug! :tu: (you should change your name to Fixbug) :hihi:
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

@Teksonic I think that the visual issue you mentioned when moving MIDI clips into the same track is by design. The notes are moved visually in relation to which Octave they are in. A simple test is to have all notes of the 2 clips in the same octave and shift 1 into the same track and you will see no movement, now shift the notes of 1 clip down an octave or more and move that clip, you will now see the other clips' notes shift in relation to the octave of notes

Ok I see what you're saying and that makes sense to show the visual relationship between octaves. I was just testing to see if the Midi Clip issue was fixed in this beta and wasn't paying attention to what notes I was playing. I just noticed the movement.

So I'll delete that from my post above.

After further testing I can confirm the Midi Clip issue is fixed so I'm a happy camper. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I think this beta may have introduced a new bug, or certainly a bug for me.
Using 13.0.37 I cannot reliably render audio. I first noticed that I couldn't close a file without it crashing to desktop. I had a brainwave and disabled the generate preview files option. This at least allowed me to close the file.
I decided to try just a normal render to see if that was the problem and yep, that causes crashes - seems random as to what settings cause a crash but switching from 16-bit to 24-bit render caused a crash. I thought that might be the problem but then it crashed on the render audio dialog without changing any settings.
I tried switching from Sinc to Lagrange for interpolation as I wondered if that was a problem, but no joy there either.
On the plus side, 13.0.33 is absolutely fine for all of this and the bugs in that which are fixed in 13.0.37 aren't ones that cause me issues so I'll just stick with the release version until there's a newer beta or release that doesn't cause me render issues.
I'll file a bug report over at support and see what they say.

jrb101 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:24 am I think this beta may have introduced a new bug, or certainly a bug for me.
Using 13.0.37 I cannot reliably render audio. I first noticed that I couldn't close a file without it crashing to desktop. I had a brainwave and disabled the generate preview files option. This at least allowed me to close the file.
I decided to try just a normal render to see if that was the problem and yep, that causes crashes - seems random as to what settings cause a crash but switching from 16-bit to 24-bit render caused a crash. I thought that might be the problem but then it crashed on the render audio dialog without changing any settings.
I tried switching from Sinc to Lagrange for interpolation as I wondered if that was a problem, but no joy there either.
On the plus side, 13.0.33 is absolutely fine for all of this and the bugs in that which are fixed in 13.0.37 aren't ones that cause me issues so I'll just stick with the release version until there's a newer beta or release that doesn't cause me render issues.
What OS? I just did a quick render on Linux (Waveform PRO 13.0.37 BETA) with these settings and everything went just fine:
Captura desde 2024-04-19 10-33-54.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Give yourself the opportunity to discover something.

dajonaga wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 pm
jrb101 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:24 am I think this beta may have introduced a new bug, or certainly a bug for me.
What OS? I just did a quick render on Linux (Waveform PRO 13.0.37 BETA) with these settings and everything went just fine:
Captura desde 2024-04-19 10-33-54.png
Windows 11 - Does it work if you try switching to 24-bit renders? It could well be a windows/ASIO/My-specific-audio-interface (Presonus Studio 68c) thing. Worth knowing - thanks!

jrb101 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 pm Windows 11 - Does it work if you try switching to 24-bit renders? It could well be a windows/ASIO/My-specific-audio-interface (Presonus Studio 68c) thing. Worth knowing - thanks!
Yes it does work. These are the settings:
Captura desde 2024-04-19 11-18-20.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Give yourself the opportunity to discover something.

Using 13.0.37 I cannot reliably render audio. I first noticed that I couldn't close a file without it crashing to desktop.
Can you look in your log file and let me know name of crash log uploaded?

FigBug wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 pm
Using 13.0.37 I cannot reliably render audio. I first noticed that I couldn't close a file without it crashing to desktop.
Can you look in your log file and let me know name of crash log uploaded?
The files are:
Waveform 13.0.37 Crash Log 2024-04-19.dmp to Waveform 13.0.37 Crash Log 2024-04-19(5).dmp

I’ve also submitted a support ticket about this, so you might see it coming via that route.

Cheers!

Ok - whatever the exact issue I’m having is, it seems to be fixed in 13.0.40… cool.

Return to “Tracktion”