Tracktion Waveform: Any potential hazards when re-installing or updating the sofware?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My copy of TW12 (free version) is having some issues. So I'm thinking of uninsatlling it and installing the later version. If I do that, will the new installation find and list all my TW12 projects and their associated files correctly? Thank you.

within the framework of one version, you are free to use any version - from 12.0.52 to 12.5.21 in any sequence or simultaneously, if there is a similar desire. Downgrade of a version entails a warning about opening a project file saved on an older one. That is, the saved project in version 12 will not open in version 11, warning that the project has been saved on a newer version of the program. Otherwise, all settings, including the interface and folders for the location of projects, plugins and samples, are fully preserved. Regarding the interface, since version 12, the visual capabilities of the program theme have changed and as I understand it, when opening version 11, theme 11 and theme 12 are entered separately in the settings file. If you need to return to the program version 12, for example, and you saved the project in version 13 to open it in an older version of the program, go to the saved projects folder and open the file of the edit you need with notepad, in the third line manually change the program number to the one you need and save it, now it will open. It is recommended to make a backup of edits before this, new functions have been introduced in the latest versions of the program and you will lose them by deleting the edit in an older version of the program.
цвет волшебства

Maarid wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:44 pm within the framework of one version, you are free to use any version - from 12.0.52 to 12.5.21 in any sequence or simultaneously, if there is a similar desire. Downgrade of a version entails a warning about opening a project file saved on an older one. That is, the saved project in version 12 will not open in version 11, warning that the project has been saved on a newer version of the program. Otherwise, all settings, including the interface and folders for the location of projects, plugins and samples, are fully preserved. Regarding the interface, since version 12, the visual capabilities of the program theme have changed and as I understand it, when opening version 11, theme 11 and theme 12 are entered separately in the settings file. If you need to return to the program version 12, for example, and you saved the project in version 13 to open it in an older version of the program, go to the saved projects folder and open the file of the edit you need with notepad, in the third line manually change the program number to the one you need and save it, now it will open. It is recommended to make a backup of edits before this, new functions have been introduced in the latest versions of the program and you will lose them by deleting the edit in an older version of the program.
Okay. Thank you kindly for the info. If I want to try the latest revision of Ver.12, shoud I uninstall my present version before downloading the new version, or will the new installation process do that automatically? If my present version has faults due to corrupt files (as I suspect), I want to make sure those bad files get replaced. Above all though, I want to make sure the new installation finds and correcly links to all my projects and the files needed to load the projects correctly, with no "file missing" warnings appearing in clips, and suchlike.

There's no need to remove v12 first...but no, v13 will not overwrite anything. You will wind up with 2 versions on your computer, though. V13 will leave your v12 settings, presets, and preferences intact...but will make v13 copies for itself in case you ever need to roll back. This should clear up some issues you may be having.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Ally007 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:09 pmIf I want to try the latest revision of Ver.12, shoud I uninstall my present version before downloading the new version, or will the new installation process do that automatically?
Once again, you can do anything with the program, delete, uninstall, transfer, copy, place each beta version in each partition of all disks and everyone, absolutely every time the program is launched from anywhere, any version, will work the same way, because it always uses the same file of its settings, which located in your profile folder
c:\users\'you name'\AppData\Roaming\Tracktion\Waveform\Waveform.settings
It is ALWAYS used by ALL versions of the program :hihi:
цвет волшебства

Maarid wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:07 pm
Ally007 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:09 pmIf I want to try the latest revision of Ver.12, shoud I uninstall my present version before downloading the new version, or will the new installation process do that automatically?
Once again, you can do anything with the program, delete, uninstall, transfer, copy, place each beta version in each partition of all disks and everyone, absolutely every time the program is launched from anywhere, any version, will work the same way, because it always uses the same file of its settings, which located in your profile folder
c:\users\'you name'\AppData\Roaming\Tracktion\Waveform\Waveform.settings
It is ALWAYS used by ALL versions of the program :hihi:
That's reassuring to hear, thank you. I just downloaded Ver12.5.3 and everyting was set up as I had hoped. Unfortunately the new download didn't cure the severe and baffling recording latency problem I was having in Ver 12. :(

Return to “Tracktion”