Wavetable Traction and Socalabs compatibility

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I've been exploring both synths and I think it's an extraordinary addition. But I would like to have just one, not both.

Is there any plan on being able to import Socalabs wavetables and patches into Traction version ?? In fact Tracktion is more complete, but Scalabs one has way more patches, which would be an starting point for Tracktions version new patches.

Also I think that Wavetable would be a wonderful platform for sharing patches with other users the way Vital users share banks. Anyone else thinks that could be interesting ??

My plan way to import all the patches from the SocaLabs version into the Tracktion version, but I ran into a few issues:

- 100 of the wavetables in the SocaLabs version were cleared for the OpenSource version, but not cleared for the paid version. You could download them yourself: https://bvker.com/free-serum-wavetables/

- I used a different envelope, it's better because you can curve the segments. But it calculates release times different, SocaLabs version is based on time from 100%, where as Tracktion version it based on current value.

- Tracktion version has different LFOs and no step LFO.

Hi Figbug and thanks for your answer. It's a shame that they aren't 100% compatible.

In any case if they were located at some directory maybe we could copy the patches and open them on the Traction version and finish adjustments manually.

Regarding the free open source tables, once downloaded how can be used on the Tracktion version ?? loaded one by one ??

Return to “Tracktion”