How to disable all plugins on every track or on a single track.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why can't I find how to disable all plugins on a track? I scoured the whole internet and manual but I can't find anything. This is a key feature of any other daw that I use, but for some reason waveform seems to miss it.

The workaround that I found was to open the in-built task manager and select the plugins and disable them, or ctrl + select multiple plugins on the track and hit F, but the problem with that is that it opens the plugin GUIs, which is not really convenient when you keep having to select up to 5 plugins per track.

If you open the bottom panel there is an option to mute all plugins. This will apply to all selected tracks. There is also an option to select all tracks somewhere. It's fairly simple, I can't be more specific off the top of my head, but pull up the actions menu for a track and look through there as well

Support Ticket wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:45 pm ...the problem with that is that it opens the plugin GUIs, which is not really convenient when you keep having to select up to 5 plugins per track.
Settings -> General -> Plugin Windows -> Open plugin windows by

I have it set to double-click because I hate the windows opening and closing all the time.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

dysjoint wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:06 pm If you open the bottom panel there is an option to mute all plugins. This will apply to all selected tracks. There is also an option to select all tracks somewhere. It's fairly simple, I can't be more specific off the top of my head, but pull up the actions menu for a track and look through there as well
Well that was simpler than I thought, I guess I searched everywhere but not where it was obvious.
Thanks

Handy thing, that properties panel.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Shame it's hidden by default. Yeah, it looks cleaner when minimized, but it seems half of the questions revolve around what settings are on there. Particularly for the new folk. By the time you need the extra screen real-estate, you've figured it out how to hide it.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Peter Widdicombe wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:34 pm Shame it's hidden by default. Yeah, it looks cleaner when minimized, but it seems half of the questions revolve around what settings are on there. Particularly for the new folk. By the time you need the extra screen real-estate, you've figured it out how to hide it.
I love my screen real estate, and I still have it open all the time. Old habits.

Also when you click the Performance meter in the top right corner, you can sort all plugins as you wish and turn them on/off as you wish.
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

Return to “Tracktion”