Algorithmix Red in 2024

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://relabdevelopment.com/mea-2/
https://www.softube.com/weiss-eq1

Now that we have have Masalec from Relab and Weiss EQ1 from Softube capturing the top transparent hardware Mastering EQ. Are people still using Red?
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/al ... q-red-blue
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I have weiss and i just use ProQ3.

By far "the most ultimate EQ" is DMG Audio EQuilibrium. If you need a super transparent, ridiculously over the top high fidelity linear-phase EQ, then that would be EQuilibrium.

You go for the Weiss if you want their particular brand of dynamic EQing, not for the basic shapes.

Yeah, in my opinion Red, Blue and Orange have been outmaneuvered a long time ago.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Completely forgot about DMG Audio who also do the best ISP Limiter. There is also IIEQPro by DDMF.

The pro Mastering Houses use the transparent Maselec MEA-2, the Sontec and Manley Massive Passive which has a native UADx emulation
bmanic wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:07 pm By far "the most ultimate EQ" is DMG Audio EQuilibrium. If you need a super transparent, ridiculously over the top high fidelity linear-phase EQ, then that would be EQuilibrium.

You go for the Weiss if you want their particular brand of dynamic EQing, not for the basic shapes.

Yeah, in my opinion Red, Blue and Orange have been outmaneuvered a long time ago.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:56 pm The pro Mastering Houses use the transparent Maselec MEA-2, the Sontec and Manley Massive Passive which has a native UADx emulation
Mastering houses use whatever tool is needed for the job. It's not a one size fits all and can't be easily compared.

Also worth mentioning, as we are discussing "transparent" EQs here. The Manley Massive Passive is NOT at all transparent. It is quite colored and will immediately change the sound simply by running stuff through it. Yes, the MEA-2 is often used and it can indeed sound really transparent but it's not a replacement for a good digital EQ. It too has a "sound signature" and not one that you always want or need.

The cool thing about DMG Audio EQuilibrium is that you can very precisely tune it to do exactly what you want.

Want the filters to be a bit sloppy and have some ring/zing to them? Easily done within EQuilibrium. Want super tight cuts but need it to be linear phase with minimal pre and post ringing? You can do that. Are you more worried about the time domain suffering rather than accurate frequency domain, yet you don't want to use large kernel sizes? You have full control over this too. Want to purposefully reverse the ringing of a filter so that it has only 100% pre-ring and no post ring? Yes, you can even go crazy and do that! Want your filters to be in parallel (aka "passive")? Sure thing.

It's the literal Swiss army knife of digital equalization. No other product in the category comes even remotely close. That's why I think it's the ultimate mastering EQ, because once you learn it thoroughly, there are no obstacles. You simply decide what you want to do and do it. This is one of those rare tools that doesn't limit you in any way, no matter how subtle of a change you want to make.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Damn, i might have slept on it.
I wish they updates the gui tho

Yeah Equilibrium is still undisputed king of transparent eq's.

Multiplicity and Limitless get a lot of use here also. I wish DMG would update all their stuff tho, they all could do with some modernizing.
More BPM please

Return to “Effects”