Elevayta – Seasonal Greetings & 'Convo Boy' NEW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

It’s been a great year for Elevayta!

This time last year I sat down at my PC and, for the very first time, played around with the VST SDK from Steinberg. I needed a spatial stereo enhancer with which to fix some old recordings I had of my Big Band and, after some small effort, ‘Wide Boy’ was created. I found KvR and posted ‘Wide Boy’ for you guys to try. From such a great response came the inspiration for ‘Wider Boy Pro’ – my first commercial plug-in. A loyal following of users grew from this product and also my own interest to further explore the technicalities of the various DSP rudiments. To try my hand with a short term FFT, I started work on a plug-in that became known as ‘Clone Boy’. A programming error I had made in an early version of ‘Wide Boy’ gave me an idea which resulted in the unique Transmit (Tx) and Receive (Rx) format which enables multiple instances of ‘Clone Boy’ to communicate the information they need in order to work. Having mastered the ST-FFT, I moved on to a freehand equalization and ‘EQ transplant’ tool which became known as ‘FreEq Boy’. The commercial combination of ‘FreEq Boy’ with ‘Clone Boy’ and ‘Wider Boy Pro’ boosted sales way beyond my early expectations. Next came ‘Choir Boy’, an experiment in pitch shifting. Not available to sing this Christmas, but ‘Choir Boy’ is tuning up to sing next year.

And then, just before my vacation in July, I finished and released ‘Space Boy’. Based on an idea I had had for a number of years, I finally learned enough DSP to make it happen. The mistake I had made earlier came to good use again to realize the 'real-time frequency adaptive parallel compression' plug-in that is now known as ‘Space Boy’. And - it is a very popular product indeed!

So, since it’s getting close to the time to give gifts, and you KvR users have been so good to Elevayta this year, I spent a little time on this plug-in below.

‘Convo Boy’ is a convolution engine that can load stereo or mono .wav based Impulse Response functions. In fact, any wave file up to about 10 seconds in length can be loaded. This is not a new concept, but my approach has been to make it as simple as possible to use for basic tasks.

To get your copy, click the link below:

Download 'Convo Boy' from Share-it!

For a change, this is not a time limited demo. It is fully functional! There are no instructions and no guarantee of support, but those that wish to pay can do so. It’s as simple as a single click.

Due also to the fact that I don’t own any of my own impulse response functions, none are supplied – these must be supplied by you.

Enjoy and Seasonal Greetings from

Paul aka 'Wide Boy' at Elevayta
Last edited by Paul H on Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Paul, you ASS KICKING dev you..

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thanks SOOOOOO much for this!!

:shock:

OMFG

:shock:

:love: Thanks

This will nicely bridge the gap between SIR & reVOLVerb..

Thanks again man!

:-o Thanks, Paul. Very 8) of you.

Happy Holidays.
Regards, Mike

Many thanks, Paul.
Hope 2005 is even better for you :D
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.

First off thanks. I continue to get a lot of creative inspiration out of Cloneboy. Any idea what the sample delay is on the this little gem? I use SIR but I am stuck on 98SE for my main DAW as I use a Korg Oasys on that machine and don't have effective delay compensation on Cubase 5.2.

I hate getting religious on Christmas - but Holy f**k, this looks awesome! :hihi: Sweet, simple and straightfoward.

Thank you Paul, you have yourself a good spiked glass of egg nog and a MERRY CHRISTMAS too! :D

Thank You Paul!

A Merry Christmas to you!

-Toonyfish

Cool!
Let's see about the latency...

Merry christmas to you as well!
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

still not received my mail :cry:
i may not be religious but i expect pressys at christmas :cry:

vurt wrote:still not received my mail :cry:
Took less than 1 minute over here.
Maybe something went wrong?
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

hehe thanks sascha i went and did it again and my email came up automatically :hihi: id spelt it wrong :lol: :hihi:

thanks paul :D

Paul, you are the effin' MAN!

I already have FreEQ, Clone, and Space Boys, and I love the stuff you do. Also really like your GUIs. They manage to fuse the appeal of 'flat'-style GUIs with just enough colour and texture to make them pop.

Thanks again,
Greg

vurt wrote:hehe thanks sascha i went and did it again and my email came up automatically :hihi: id spelt it wrong :lol: :hihi:

thanks paul :D
:smack:

Return to “Effects”