aux send return issues t2

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well lets talk about this. Is there a huge problem with native t2 aux send , returns? I'd prefer to use the native sends over senderella if possible.

ROnC

they aren't really useable. :(

I wouldn't say that.

For just one or two send busses they are fine. More than that and the latency starts rattling upwards.

I generally run at 5ms, so a single reverb send ups my latency to 10ms which is perfectly usable.

Processing power is cheap enough that I never use sends for delays or chorus. I'd rather have finer control over each chorus/delay effect to tweak it to the track it is on. As such one send bus is typically all I need.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

(which is not to say that the added latency incurred by racks and sends is something that should be ignored).
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

so its true then. I cant do pro mixes with native sends? why wasnt this all addressed i mean before release? I dont get it.

rpc9943 wrote: I dont get it.
Obviously not. :(

A 'pro' mix is one you get paid for..

What is this 'pro mixes' thing you speak of? ie.what exactly are you doing?

If you add the sends when mixing down, wouldn't latency not really be that big an issue? Are you using T2 to mix live music?

I personally only use one send as well for reverb, and then don't use that on every track. I totally agree it needs fixing though.

Why would you rather not use Senderella?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

FWIW, the only plug I use that is hungry enough to make it worth sharing as a send is SIR.. so it always gets dropped into a rack for PDC's sake. ;)

Everything else I run as track or group inserts, as you get more control, and it makes freezing and rendering more useful..

because i want to use native :( hehe... okay wait so the latency is just when listening right? not when exporting? thats what im worrying about, if you want to know about my mixing click on my link

ROnC

ive been talking to friends and he suggested bussing everything out though. vocal tracks, out to blockfish, etc insstead of doing it per track. my cpu eats up so much i work on mixing down stuff like 24 tracks and it can get tough, and im sick of freezing etc

ron, I'd suggest investing in a new laptop. Even a cheap, cheap one would be a lot faster than your 500MHz one.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

rpc9943 wrote: ive been talking to friends and he suggested bussing everything out though. vocal tracks, out to blockfish, etc insstead of doing it per track.
That's sub-groups, not sends. Tracktion's sub-grouping pisses all over the 'pro' apps ;)

its not my 500mhz im talking about when i say that, thats just for recording. my workstation is at home on my amd64 3000+

how do i subgroup please

RonC

platinumears wrote:
rpc9943 wrote: ive been talking to friends and he suggested bussing everything out though. vocal tracks, out to blockfish, etc insstead of doing it per track.
That's sub-groups, not sends. Tracktion's sub-grouping pisses all over the 'pro' apps ;)
Actually, it sounds like he's saying his friend recommends putting inserts on subgroups.

nonono hold on now seriously. okay i want to have all my vocal tracks go out to one instance of blockfish. say i have like 6 vocal tracks, youre saying i create a subgroup? i didnt know T2 even had subgrouping or whatever, i thought that was called a send bus?!?!?! arghhhh

how do i do subgroups

RONC

Return to “Tracktion”