post livecut-made songs here

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm interrested to hear how you're gonna use it, and I'd like to have a couple sound examples on the webpage.

the lofi glitchy drums in this from 2:50 use live cut as an effect. as with a lot of these type of effects i tend to write a loop, hit record and have a play for a while, then edit down the resulting audio into what i want.

orb e ting thread

or here are just the livecut effected drums

just drums

i'm also working on another projectat the moment where i have used livecut on the vocals but this isn't ready to post yet.

superb effect, looking forward to midi cc control as assigning all the paraments to knobs will make this very much more immeadiate and with some careful automation a little more "tame-able"

many, many thanks for this.

cheers,

steve.
Last edited by blaster78 on Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thanks,

yes I forgot to enable CC control, in fact all parameter s already have a CC, but there's an if somewhere that I've left.

Very cool tune Steve!!!

You may want to edit the link however - it shows with two http's e.g. http://http//www.etc

Worth it to listen to such a cool track tho :cool:

Dave

I spicened up a rock-ish groove (that I intend to use in a song later on) with LiveCut.

Anyway, this is my first kvr post with something I've made, please be gentle.

http://www.larsby.com/johan/temp/fun%20 ... ivecut.mp3
Shuriken.se, sonic weapons for the music ninja!

Hey larsby!!!

Just listening now - cool & interesting!!!

I'd be interested to hear where you go with this...

Dave

Ok here's my contribution, I usually do not use drum loops but I had so much fun playing with with this..

Live cut was an insert effect in Energy XT on a really basic drm loop. I just let it play and loop,recorded that, then jammed along.

Free

Volume may be a little low, I just rendered the track in XT no compression on the mix.

Thanks for the tool

mckenic wrote:Hey larsby!!!

Just listening now - cool & interesting!!!

I'd be interested to hear where you go with this...

Dave
That will have to wait a few weeks I'm afraid. My bandmember (we are 2) in the metal project is going on holiday.
While that would not be a problem normally, he's going to an island somewhere and a surfschool there. He'll be back in two weeks.

I'm really glad you liked it.
Its basically groove monkee midi drum patterns, RMIV with first a kit that comes with. the beatbox samples is a custom kit that I made in RMIV myself. so that is my voice recorded with a 60$ mic.

If you're interested in making something of them beats yourself just give me a priv mes and we could probably collaborate on something, that would be fun :)

larsby wrote: That will have to wait a few weeks I'm afraid. My bandmember (we are 2) in the metal project is going on holiday.
you have to try trashcutproc in BBCut for supercollider, that's no problem if you have a mac.

it's full of sextolets and things like with idiomatic trash-style rythm cuts. that was too much work porting it in livecut, but this one is really interresting, you really have to try it.

cheers

rémy

mdsp wrote:
larsby wrote: That will have to wait a few weeks I'm afraid. My bandmember (we are 2) in the metal project is going on holiday.
you have to try trashcutproc in BBCut for supercollider, that's no problem if you have a mac.

it's full of sextolets and things like with idiomatic trash-style rythm cuts. that was too much work porting it in livecut, but this one is really interresting, you really have to try it.

cheers

rémy
I'll go ahead and dl supercollider for mac then, I had much fun adding my simple bitchrunch/fuzz-distortion plug to it. But that would be better of if it could be synched to the rest of the chain I thought. this might do the trick then :)

Thanks so much for the newest of the fantastic Putorials!!!

As always I learned something new - now I must lie down as I am dillizzy!!!

:wink:

dave

:hihi: .. job done

putte wrote::hihi: .. job done
you rock putte!

blaster78 wrote:the lofi glitchy drums in this from 2:50 use live cut as an effect. as with a lot of these type of effects i tend to write a loop, hit record and have a play for a while, then edit down the resulting audio into what i want.

orb e ting thread

or here are just the livecut effected drums

just drums

i'm also working on another projectat the moment where i have used livecut on the vocals but this isn't ready to post yet.

superb effect, looking forward to midi cc control as assigning all the paraments to knobs will make this very much more immeadiate and with some careful automation a little more "tame-able"

many, many thanks for this.

cheers,

steve.

curious how those drums were made.... it is a loop run through LiveCut? or is it a few layed on top of each other. soundz good.

Return to “Smart Electronix”