13th September 2012
Ableton has updated the current stable version of Live 8 to version 8.3.4. Beta 7 of Live 8.4 is also now available.
Improvements and feature changes in 8.3.4:
- The word size of the Live application is now shown in the splash screen.
- Live is now showing the email address of the currently authorized user account in the "About" window.
- Improved the authorization dialogue when launching Live as a Trial version.
Bug fixes in 8.3.4:
- Fixed a bug which could cause a "memory corruption error" when launching Live.
- Fixed a memory leak which could occur when using the "Complex" warp mode.
- The Session View selection frame of the APC40 or Launchpad could get stuck after deleting scenes or undoing the creation of scenes.
- Live device parameters would no longer update correctly after deleting a Max for Live device which was mapped to that parameter via live.remote~.
- Fixed a problem with the Max for Live engine, which would cause Live to freeze when setting an audio buffer size smaller than 21 samples.
- Fixed a graphical glitch in the Session- / Arrangement View amoeba after toggling views (mixer, crossfader, etc.).
- Fixed a problem with the Windows installer which could lead to an incomplete installation on some computers. Symptom: The Live application would not launch at all and an error message "The application has failed to start due to a side-by-side configuration error" would be shown instead.
- Under certain conditions, the playback position in audio clips was incorrect after changing clip start markers in unwarped clips and then re-enabling 'warp'.
- Fixed a bug which prevented some VST plugins stored in the OS X system library folder to show up in Live's browser.