Ableton updates Live to v8.3
10th April 2012
10th April 2012
Ableton has updated Live to version 8.3.
Improvements and feature changes:
- A new "Upload to SoundCloud" option is available in the Export Audio/Video dialog. When enabled, Live will open an upload client after the file has been rendered to disk, so you can upload the rendered file directly to your SoundCloud account.
- Added automatic software updating. When enabled, Live will automatically download and install software updates in the background. Users who update to Live 8.3 from an older Live version will see a dialog box when launching Live 8.3 for the first time, where Automatic Updates can be enabled or disabled. You can always change the settings in Live's "Licenses/Maintenance" Preferences. More detailed information about Automatic Updates is available in our Knowledge Base.
- Changed the naming of the Live application. The application is now called "Ableton Live 8" and does not include a specific revision number. The revision number can still be found in the About screen in the Help menu.
- The Windows installer has been updated to a newer version.
- The default installation path of the Live application has changed on Windows. More information can be found in our Knowledge Base.
- Added usage data collection. When enabled, Live will send data about your Live installation and usage to ableton.com. This data will be used to help our developers identify bugs and improve the software. Usage data collection is optional and can be enabled/disabled in the "Licenses/Maintenance" Preferences. More information can be found in our Knowledge Base.
- Added control surface support for Akai MPK Mini.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when modulating a parameter in the Corpus device with Max for Live.
- Fixed crashes and audio dropouts that could occur when hot-swapping through AAS instruments.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when undoing the deletion of the last warp marker in an audio clip.
Other Related News
25 Sep 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.525 Jul 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.407 Jul 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.310 Apr 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.214 Feb 2014 Ableton releases Dark Synth by Amazing Noises for Live04 Feb 2014 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.223 Jan 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.120 Nov 2013 Ableton releases Live 9.1 (Push updated too)19 Nov 2013 #KVRDeal Expired Save 20% on all Ableton software17 Sep 2013 Ableton announces Public Beta for Live 9.110 Sep 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.619 Jul 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.509 May 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.417 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.109 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live to v9.0.2 (+9.0.3 beta)06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Push - Hardware Live Controller06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Live 925 Oct 2012 Ableton announces "Live 9" and "Push" (Hardware Controller)
07 Apr 2013 Gerhard Behles - PUSHing Ableton into new territory25 Oct 2012 Fun and technology at Austin City Limits (ACL)07 Oct 2014 J74 updates StepSequencer64 Groove Box Max For Live sequencing suite to v1.3.125 Sep 2014 XMonsta releases PULL v2.0 - control VST & AU plugins and Max for Live Devices directly from your iPad19 Sep 2014 Detunized releases Wind Turbines as Live Pack & Broadcast WAV library13 Sep 2014 UplandToys updates Midular to v1.2 - Max for Live MIDI Effects Modules10 Sep 2014 Puremagnetik releases Mark Two Berlin - Electric Piano Soundset for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic18 Aug 2014 UplandToys updates Midular to v1.1 - Max for Live MIDI Effects Modules29 Jul 2014 XMonsta releases PULL – iPad Device Editor for Ableton Live and the Lemur App25 Jul 2014 UplandToys releases Midular (Max for Live)24 Jul 2014 J74 updates "Progressive" Max for Live device to v2.0 - adds new techniques for chord progression editing and for musical analysis18 Jul 2014 Sample Logic releases Rhythomatix for Ableton Live17 Jul 2014 Novation announces Launch Control XL15 Jul 2014 Twolegs Toneworks releases "Late Night Deep House Chords Vol. 1-3" Bundle for Ableton Live14 Jul 2014 AMZNoises releases Pulsor, the Strange Synth, for Max for Live09 Jul 2014 Puremagnetik releases Kardoni - ARP Omni Soundset for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic17 Jun 2014 Twisted Tools releases DARKMORPH - sci-fi sample library focused on cinematic sound design and dark groove production (for Kontakt, Reaktor, EXS, Live and more)13 May 2014 Puremagnetik releases Hyperbent - Circuit Bending Library for Ableton Live, Kontakt & Logic12 May 2014 Sample Magic releases "Magic Racks: Mix Essentials" for Ableton Live24 Apr 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Wobblophones Tunelle Intro Offer: 15% Off22 Apr 2014 Drumdrops releases "A Fistful of Drumkits" for Ableton Live (Drum Rack)02 Apr 2014 Wobblophones releases Tunelle for Kontakt and Live with intro offer