Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro (DPMP) is an audio analysis tool that combines customizable audio meters with envelope generation and side chaining control capabilities. This new version comes with a completely redesigned user interface and many new features and enhancements: fully customizable meters, crest factor display, levels histograms for precise dynamic range analysis, surround support, a new presets manager, Windows AAX support, multiple display sizes, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, and much more (full list below).
The plug-in is available alone or as part of Blue Cat's Analysis Pack, the company's flagship audio analysis solution. New customers can purchase both the metering plug-in and its associated bundle with up to 16% off until March 10th, 2013. Customers who recently purchased the software (in the past 6 months) will receive the upgrade for free, and others can upgrade to the new version for a small fee. Demo versions can be downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats (32 and 64-bit).
- Instant and average crest factor measurement.
- Peak, RMS and crest factor histograms.
- Control the attack and release shape of the peak envelope.
- Surround support (up to 8 channels).
- Brand new fully customizable user interface:
- New look and feel.
- Show/hide what you need.
- Fully customizable meters characteristics (range, headroom, color ranges).
- Control the brightness of meters and graphs.
- Meters and curves can now be frozen.
- New colored statistics display.
- Multiple display sizes.
- Improved readability.
- Animated transitions.
- New integrated presets manager:
- Load/save presets from the plug-in's user interface.
- Organize presets with folders.
- Customize the default preset.
- Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter (in and out).
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows (Pro Tools 10.2 required).
- Audio Suite support for the AAX version for offline levels measurements in Pro Tools.
- Increased levels range (120 dB).
- Increased maximum levels value range for overshoot measurement (up to +10dB).
- Peak average precision has been improved.
- Use hold values and crest factor for transformed envelope generation.
- Simplified transformed envelope generation.
- New presets to get started faster.
- Plug-in name has been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications.
- The windows installer now automatically detects the most appropriate VST install path.
- License is now shared between plug-ins types (register only once for all formats).
- Improved value display in fine edit window.
- Improved parameters display on control surfaces.
Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
- Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
- More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
- Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
- (RTAS) Fixed parameters control with EUCON control surfaces in Pro Tools.
- Fixed user interface issues in Final Cut Pro X.
- Fixed MIDI CC i/o issues with 64-bit VST.
- Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab on Mac.
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in Digital Performer 7 on Mac.
- AAX/RTAS on Mac: Fixed audio engine freeze or error issue with Pro Tools on some Mac configurations.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- PC running Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP.
- €49 or $66 (instead of €59 or $79).
- Upgrade from Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 3: €11 or $15.
- Blue Cat's Analysis Pack: €206 or $269 (instead of €229 or $299).