19th February 2013
Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro (DPMP) is an audio analysis tool that combines customizable audio meters with envelope generation and side chaining control capabilities. This new version comes with a completely redesigned user interface and many new features and enhancements: fully customizable meters, crest factor display, levels histograms for precise dynamic range analysis, surround support, a new presets manager, Windows AAX support, multiple display sizes, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, and much more (full list below).
The plug-in is available alone or as part of Blue Cat's Analysis Pack, the company's flagship audio analysis solution. New customers can purchase both the metering plug-in and its associated bundle with up to 16% off until March 10th, 2013. Customers who recently purchased the software (in the past 6 months) will receive the upgrade for free, and others can upgrade to the new version for a small fee. Demo versions can be downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats (32 and 64-bit).
- Instant and average crest factor measurement.
- Peak, RMS and crest factor histograms.
- Control the attack and release shape of the peak envelope.
- Surround support (up to 8 channels).
- Brand new fully customizable user interface:
- New look and feel.
- Show/hide what you need.
- Fully customizable meters characteristics (range, headroom, color ranges).
- Control the brightness of meters and graphs.
- Meters and curves can now be frozen.
- New colored statistics display.
- Multiple display sizes.
- Improved readability.
- Animated transitions.
- New integrated presets manager:
- Load/save presets from the plug-in's user interface.
- Organize presets with folders.
- Customize the default preset.
- Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter (in and out).
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows (Pro Tools 10.2 required).
- Audio Suite support for the AAX version for offline levels measurements in Pro Tools.
- Increased levels range (120 dB).
- Increased maximum levels value range for overshoot measurement (up to +10dB).
- Peak average precision has been improved.
- Use hold values and crest factor for transformed envelope generation.
- Simplified transformed envelope generation.
- New presets to get started faster.
- Plug-in name has been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications.
- The windows installer now automatically detects the most appropriate VST install path.
- License is now shared between plug-ins types (register only once for all formats).
- Improved value display in fine edit window.
- Improved parameters display on control surfaces.
Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
- Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
- More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
- Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
- (RTAS) Fixed parameters control with EUCON control surfaces in Pro Tools.
- Fixed user interface issues in Final Cut Pro X.
- Fixed MIDI CC i/o issues with 64-bit VST.
- Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab on Mac.
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in Digital Performer 7 on Mac.
- AAX/RTAS on Mac: Fixed audio engine freeze or error issue with Pro Tools on some Mac configurations.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- PC running Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP.
- €49 or $66 (instead of €59 or $79).
- Upgrade from Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 3: €11 or $15.
- Blue Cat's Analysis Pack: €206 or $269 (instead of €229 or $299).
20 Mar 2014 Blue Cat Audio Updates 8 Audio Plug-Ins