3rd October 2011
Camel Audio has announced the release of version 1.25 of Alchemy, an update to the popular sample manipulation synthesiser featuring much enhanced analog modelled filters by modelling experts Cytomic. The filters not only sound better, but also use less CPU. In addition to the new filters, this update also includes an additional skin by biolabs, support for the upcoming iPhone/iPad controller App and a whole host of other improvements and fixes. This update is free to all Alchemy and Alchemy Player users and can be downloaded from the Camel Audio website.
- Enhanced Analog Modelled Filters with Better Sound and Lower CPU (by Cytomic).
- Added iPhone/iPad Remote Control Support.
- Additional Skin by biolabs Previously Only Available with the biolabs Bank.
- Performance Control Automation Parameters Moved to Top of List For Easy Access.
- No Clipping of Filters - Now You Can Drive Them Hard.
- FX Presets Can Now Include Modulation Assignments.
- Skins with Only Player Controls Now Possible, Making Skinning Much Easier.
- Improved Release Time for Compressor.
- Enhanced Bit-crusher.
- Acoustic Reverb CPU Peaks Eliminated.
- Edit Perform Control Labels With a Single Click.
- Progress Bar Now Updates Smoothly.
- Added Help Button to Key File Not Found and Missing Samples Dialog Boxes.
- Win: Improved Default Paths for 32-bit and 64-bit Setup.
- Win: Setup Creates Shortcut to Configuration Folder.
- Mac: Reduced the Size of the DMG.
- Fixed Crash Caused by Some Presets.
- Spectral Element Volume Scaling Improved.
- Adjusting or Modulating Symmetry Causes Click In Some Cases.
- Moved Snapshot File Menu's to Remix Pads Right-click Menu.
- Sustain Pedal in Arp Mode Fails to Engage or Release Notes.
- Sample Clips Output, Source Meters Only Register 50%.
- Forward Back Granular Loops Not Looping Properly.
- Prompt User for Data Folder if Skin Files Not Found.
- After Loading a Preset a Different Explorer Dialog Is Displayed for File -> Load.
- Random Glide Jumping Between Values.
- Scaling of MIDI Pitch to Frequency Fixed for Extreme Values.
- Unnecessary Warp Markers Added to Some Presets.
- Poly Mode Portamento Gliding to / from Wrong Note.
- Selecting 32-Bit Audio File Via Import Browser Causes Crash.
- Wrong Preset Name Displayed During Slow Preset Load when Selecting New Category.
- Rename Skin File Handle_Zoom_Left.Png for Case Sensitive Disk Formatting.
- Remove Modulation Indicator for Acoustic Reverb Control "Size".
- Some Samples Fail to Load when Referenced Via SFZ File.
- Search for Sample May Override Region Settings in SFZ File.
- SFZ Volume Opcode Scaling Incorrect.
- Save Consolidated After Import of AAZ References Incorrect Files.
- Bonjour Installer Added to Alchemy Windows Installer.
- Cubase 6: Prompt to Save Analysis Data Cases Cubase 6 Freeze.
- Ableton Live: Problem With Cursor Display when Moving It over Alchemy Window.
- Digital Performer: Alchemy Not Passing Keyboard Input to Digital Performer 7.
- Orion: GUI Redraw Fails on Switch to Advanced Mode.
- Win: 64-bit Setup Uses Correct Data Folder to Install Camel Sounds.
- Win: Some Characters Fail to Display in Preset Menus.
- Win: Move AlchemyConfig.txt to User Data Folder.
- Win: Alchemy & Geist in Same Project May Cause Crash.
- Win: Installer GUI Does Not Update While Installing Sound Library Installer.
- Win: Mouse Wheel Not Working.
- Mac: MIDI Program Not Working when GUI Closed.
- Mac: Vienna Ensemble Pro Crashes on Exit.
- Mac: Spectral or Additive Import Image Allows Any Image Type Leading to Crash.
- RTAS: Alchemy out of Tune at Project Sample Rates Other Than 44.1 Khz.
- RTAS: Improved Step and Arp Sequencer Timing and Note Triggering.
- RTAS: Fixed Spectral Painting Crash.
- RTAS: Pre-Gain Distortion Control Fails to Update With Mouse Movement.
22 Feb 2013 Camel Audio updates Alchemy to v1.55
20 Feb 2013 Camel Audio updates Alchemy Player to v1.55
19 Feb 2013 Camel Audio releases Taste of Camel
13 Nov 2012 Camel Audio updates Alchemy to v1.50.1
10 Sep 2012 Camel Audio releases Alchemy Mobile v1.1.35
19 Apr 2013 Patchpool releases "The Vase" for Alchemy
15 Apr 2013 Detunized introduces Universal Formats
01 May 2012 Yuroun Sound Design releases "Pure" for Alchemy
13 Feb 2012 patchpool releases Warped Strings for Alchemy