14th November 2007
Cockos has updated REAPER to v2.011.
Changes since v2.002:
- Revised peak cache date logic for better dealing with odd daylight savings time changes.
- Fixed a typo in mid file loading that added extra all notes off.
- MIDI editor transport buttons now use advanced themed images (T,MP!).
- Fx chain: better fold button positioning (T,MP!).
- Routing dialogs: fixed an old combo box focus issue (T,MP!).
- VST: 2.4 "VSTPluginMain" loading support.
- Mac port stuff.
- Updated spectro build, new schwa JS FX.
- Added help/show action list (mapped to ? by default).
- Fixed editing tooltips on fully buffered drawing modes.
- Options in Prefs/Appearance to disable tooltips.
- Added new JS, fft-delay (which allows delay/feedback for different frequencies).
- Added FX dialog header folding button.
- Fixed folder soloed in "don't show peaks for muted tracks" mode.
- Better smaller resized display of left pane in FX chain window.
- Project setting in render dialog for realtime limiting.
- Better track FX tooltips (shortened fx name).
- Fixed some peak caching bugs (performance improvements).
- Improved zoomed in waveform display precision.
- MIDI editor velocity editing fixes (relating to 0 velocity).
- Disk buffering now makes better use of buffer sizes.
- Made some internal track item locking safer.
- More reliable startup project samplerate changing.
- Improved audio hardware error messages.
- Bonus update: fixed item position quantize action.
- Disabled autoscroll when alt+dragging items.
- Updated disk read modes, synchronous now does more buffering and can perform decently.
- Default asynchronous disk read buffer size adjustments for higher track counts.
- Do not run muted tracks now only applies to muted tracks, not unsoloed tracks.
- Fixed a no-peak-item display bug when zoomed out.
- Changed default source material buffer size to 1200ms.
- Media buffering memory is now reduced when stopped.
- ASIO: better samplerate switching (should be more compatible we hope).
- VST/DX: inf/NaN removal when denorm prevention is enabled.
- VST: host controls now resize properly.
- VST: better FX floating window sizing.
- VST: multiple VSTs in different directories with the same filename are now ignored.
- VST: faster startup scanning (especially when you had filename collisions before).
- JS: automatic inf/NaN prevention.
- Spectro: improved memory usage and fixed rare heap bug.
- MIDI editor quantize now has optional realtime preview.
- Swing control in MIDI editor quantize and input quantize.
- Quantize boxes now have a slider for strength control.
- MIDI Input Quantize config box is now "Track Record Configuration".
- Per-track record format override (in new track record configuration dialog).
- Added action for recording settings of last touched track.
- Save as box can set the output file type in "trim" mode.
- Separately configurable project format for apply fx/open copy etc.
- Fixed post-fx sends on loop with pdc'd plugins on the sending track (i.e. Addictive Drums).
- Stability and performance improvements when rapidly seeking/changing loop state.
- ReaDelay: fixed preset switching bug.
- ReaVocode: added modulation dryness setting.
- Fixed normalize gain detection bug on certain content, faster normalizing.
- Reduced duplicate notes when looping certain MIDI items.
- Changed alt+drag item (slip edit) behavior, added option for old behavior.
- Using alt+drag to move an items contents prevents wrapping loop point if loop disabled.
- Holding shift on startup now prevents loading of last project.
- Holding ctrl+shift on startup prevents loading of any default template project.
- Holding ctrl+shift on loading projects prompts to offline all fx.
- MIDI: fixed reading of certain MIDI events that have negative offsets.
- MIDI: better smpte MIDI handling, you can now set (in MIDI item properties) for MIDI files to ignore project time signatures.
- MIDI: fixed internal MIDI sink accuracy.
- MIDI: imported .mid files now have a minimum 1 QN length.
- MIDI editor: optimizations and cleanups.
- Reasamplomatic5000: better noteon timing.
- Theming: added colortheme items for more control over item peaks/backgrounds.
- VST: safer ui switching for some plugs that don't properly delete their windows (i.e. oatmeal).
- Editing: better alt+drag edge behaviors for snap offsets and fade lengths.
- Automation: envelope auto adding/arming is now on by default.
- Automation: new envelopes now default to armed.
- MIDI: per-track nondestructive MIDI input quantize options.
- MIDI: improved varispeed recording of MIDI items.
- MIDI: fixed items at non-1.0 rates when used with tempo maps.
- MIDI editor: quantize is now nondestructive (new actions for unquantize and freeze quantization).
- MIDI editor: snap fixes (inserting notes among other instances).
- MIDI editor: better handling of duplicate/overlapping notes.
- MIDI editor: action: remove duplicate notes.
- MIDI editor: action: set note ends to start of next note.
- MIDI editor: action: quantize selected events using last setting.
- Media explorer: preview stops if hidden.
- VST: extraneous effIdle for plugins that don't request it.
- RADAR compatibility: support for the new 3.40 firmware map.txt.
- ReaDelay: a flexible n-tap delay.
- ReaVoice: a MIDI controlled multi pitch shifter.
- ReaVocode: a modulating vocoder.
- Default option to scale peaks by pre-fx vol/pan envelopes (useful for fine editing).
- Option for interpolated sample-level waveforms.
- Fixed MIDI editor actions for setting grid divisions.
- Fixed track selection when certain control surfaces are enabled.
- Changed shift+click track selection to match the behavior of windows.
- Bigclock sizing updates, performance and refreshing fixes.
- Fixed key action for "delete selected envelope points".
- Bundled an evaluation version of of Schwa's Spectro plug-in.
- Fixed peaks on wine (wine devs: fix CreateFile's error state with OPEN_ALWAYS).
- MIDI editor: note properties now go to 127.
15 Apr 2014 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.611
21 Mar 2014 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.61
03 Mar 2014 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.602
22 Jan 2014 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.591
18 Dec 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.581
17 Dec 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.58
19 Nov 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.57
14 Nov 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.56
28 Oct 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.55
16 Oct 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.54
06 Sep 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.52
15 May 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.402
18 Apr 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.33
26 Nov 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.31
15 Nov 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.30
17 Jul 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.25
10 Apr 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.22
26 Mar 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.21
21 Mar 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.20
20 Jan 2011 Peavey announces Xport USB Guitar Interface