E-MU Systems has announced the Emulator X2 Platinum Streaming Sampling Synthesizer that offers both 32-bit and native 64-bit applications, multi-processor and multi-threading support, and includes over 20 Gb of sounds – over 5,500 instruments that include everything from vintage keyboards and orchestral instruments to the Hip-Hop and Electronica soundsets of E-MU's hardware modules.
Emulator X2 Platinum features E-MU's Xstream streaming sound engine with up to 192kHz sampling and playback, an arsenal of automated sampling/beat analysis/editing tools and almost unlimited sound manipulation that builds on E-MU's 35 years of synthesis experience.
Emulator X2 Platinum ships with:
- 32-bit Emulator X2 Application (Windows XP/Vista).
- 64-bit Emulator X2 Application (Windows x64/Vista).
- Over 20 Gb of Sounds.
- Xmidi 2x2 USB MIDI Interface.
Emulator X2 Platinum features
- Xstream 24-bit/192kHz Streaming Engine, featuring E-MU's patented pitch interpolation and precision 32-bit floating point processing for unmatched sound quality.
- 32-bit and native 64-bit applications included (32-bit: Windows XP and Vista; 64-bit: Windows x64 and Vista).
- Optimized for Multi-core and Multi-Threaded processors to intelligently balance the processing load across all available resources for exceptional performance.
- Standalone (64 MIDI Channels) or VSTi (16 MIDI channels per instantiation) operation.
- ASAP Automated Sampling and Placement:
- Sample, Chop and Place.
- Load, Chop and Place.
- SynthSwipe automated hardware and software instrument sampling.
- Integrated Sample Editor:
- Auto-Correlation Looping.
- Crossfade Looping.
- Comprehensive DSP Tools including Transform Multiply.
- External Editor Link.
- Beat/Loop Tools:
- Beat Analysis and Markup.
- TwistaLoop non-destructive audio manipulator.
- Xplode beat slicer with MIDI and Tempo Map Export.
- Advanced Modular Synthesis and FX Engine (from your initial sample's tempo through Emulator X2's entire synthesis and FX architecture, all time-based parameters syncable to BPM clock):
- 12th Order Z-Plane Morphing Filters (over 50 types) including the Morph Filter Designer.
- Multi-Function Generators/Arpeggiators (can be programmed to modulate pitch, filters, volume, retrigger samples or LFOs, change tempo or trigger other events).
- Virtual PatchCord Modulation Matrix (over 100 modules).
- Integrated Modulation FX engine (23 core effects), including SP12ulator, Tremulator, Reverbs, Delays, and many more.
- Over 20GB of sounds (over 5,500 instruments) from E-MU's premier sound library, including:
- Platinum 88 and Studio Grand piano libraries.
- Vintage X Pro Library – three volumes of classic keyboards and synths (over 10GB).
- Every last sample from E-MU's legendary Proteus 2000, Xtreme Lead-1, Mo'Phatt, Planet Earth, and Virtuoso 2000 sound modules and PX-7 Command Station – everything from Hip-Hop and Dance genres to comprehensive orchestral and world instrument collections.
- Comprehensive sound format support, including EOS, EIII, GigaSampler, MP3, REX2, .AIFF, SoundFont 2.1, .WAV and more.
- Xmidi 2x2 USB MIDI Interface.
Emulator X2 Platinum will ship in late Spring 2007 at an estimated street price of $499.99. A 64-bit upgrade will also be available to all current Emulator X2 owners direct from E-MU for $79.99.