iConnectivity has announced PlayAudio12, an audio and MIDI interface designed specifically for live musicians. PlayAudio12 is billed as "a bullet-proof, fail-proof solution for control and playback of backing tracks, virtual instruments, and MIDI devices".
Here's what they say: "Imagine never having to worry about your computer playback failing, ever again. Imagine seamless failover protection of audio and MIDI. Imagine a live show where you can forget worrying and concentrate on your performance. Imagine 10 assignable balanced outputs with a dedicated stereo headphone cue. Imagine integrated MIDI over USB and Ethernet connections. Imagine no longer...PlayAudio12 by iConnectivity is here."
PlayAudio12's secret is the ability to connect two computers via the PlayAudio12 front panel, to form a synchronised redundancy rig. No other hardware is required.
Should your main computer fail, PlayAudio12 switches to the backup computer in a heartbeat; so fast that you and your audience won't even notice. Backing tracks keep playing in time and your MIDI gear stays connected.
PlayAudio12 ships with brand new control software, Auracle, which allows you to make fast, easy connections of all audio and MIDI inputs and outputs, and to create sophisticated live systems in minutes, not hours.
"We're proud to be the first company to provide an integrated failover system for performers, " says Al Joelson, VP of Sales and Marketing. "This is a truly unique interface, offering compact & simple failover protection for the live performance arena - an area that until now has been overlooked."
- 10x 1/4" TRS balanced audio outputs for low noise connections on any stage.
- 1x 1/4" TRS stereo headphone output for convenient headphone monitoring.
- 2x USB 'B' ports for connection of up to 2 computers simultaneously.
- Automatic and manual computer switching modes, for lightning fast switching between connected computers.
- USB-MIDI Host Port supports a USB-MIDI Class-Compliant device (add a USB hub and connect up to eight USB-MIDI devices).
- 4-port Ethernet MIDI for rugged long-distance MIDI connections.
- 12 MIDI ports, 16 channels per port.
- iConnectivity's new Auracle software (download for Mac/Windows) makes it simple to create and save your audio and MIDI routing and mixer presets.
- Capacitive touch control with clear metering for dark stages.
- Easy, software-less control over PlayAudio12's key features from the front panel.
- 2 button "Control In" footswitch input allows manual computer switching and/or user-assignable controls.
- Control Out connection for slaving additional PlayAudio12 units.
- Studio sound quality for the live arena - up to 24-bit/96kHz DA conversion.
- USB Audio 2.0 and USB MIDI 1.0 Class-compliant.
PlayAudio12 is available for pre-order immediately for a ship date of mid-October, 2017 with an estimated street price of $499.99 and will be available at iConnectivity resellers worldwide.