21st August 2007
ILIO has announced the launch of Samplebase, a new website dedicated to offering downloadable, production-ready Loops, Phrases, and Multi-sampled Instruments of high sonic and musical quality to "wired" musicians. ILIO is the exclusive strategic partner of Samplebase.
ILIO claims that what separates Samplebase from other sample sites is an in-house "A&R" and production team that ensures every sound on the site meets exacting quality standards. In addition, Samplebase offers an exclusive sample-playback synth engine (designed just for Samplebase users) called Satellite. Satellite is free of charge to Samplebase users. It contains professional features, such as automated time and pitch control with host tempo sync, syncable LFOs and effects, 16-part multi-timbral operation with assignable MIDI channels, eight audio outputs, eight Quick Edit knobs for real-time control, Rex file support, and more. Satellite is a Mac OS X / Windows, AU / VST plug-in that works with most major host platforms. It is also available as a stand-alone application.
Fueled by an international artistic community, Samplebase features a wide variety of new sounds by well-known music industry talents such as Kaskade, Catalyst Audio, Peter DiStefano, and Def Jef, among others. It also highlights sounds produced by ILIO and the Vienna Symphonic Library, available in focused, premium, but affordable packages.
Sounds on Samplebase are arranged into 20 to 200 megabyte sets called SoundBlocks that can be loaded directly into Satellite and used in host sequencer/DAW programs. Sound Categories include Drums/Percussion, Guitar/Bass, Keys, Synths, Soundscapes/FX, Strings, Brass/Woodwinds, Vocals, and Ethnic, providing state-of-the art ingredients for modern music production. SoundBlocks range in price from $19 to $39.
Samplebase SoundBlocks and Satellite are now live and ready for download at www.samplebase.com.
- Available as a FREE download to all registered Samplebase users.
- Plays back all Samplebase instruments and loops with no restrictions.
- Cross-platform support including Windows VST and Mac VST/AU versions.
- Up to 127 velocity zones per key.
- Up to 1,024 voices of polyphony (CPU dependent).
- Automatic tempo detection and host sync.
- Syncable LFOs (with multiple waveforms) for the Pitch, Filter and Amplitude sections.
- Dedicated multi-stage (ADSTR) envelopes.
- Powerful synthesis engine with 10 filter types.
- 16-part multi-timbral with convenient key split and layering capabilities at the multi level.
- Integrated 16-channel mixer with 2 effects sends and 2 aux (insert) busses per channel.
- 17 high quality built-in effects.
- 8 "Quick Edit" control knobs available per patch for fast parameter editing and automation.
- All interface controls automatable via standard MIDI controllers including min/max parameter range settings.
- Ability to load up to 128 multis and 256 instrument or loop patches into memory simultaneously.
- Integrated "List" screens for managing multis, patches and FX patches.
- Artist/Developer picture or logo storable per patch along with detailed info "tags" and patch comments.
- Standard MIDI file playback (including import/export functions) available per patch.
- Loops automatically sync to the host tempo and can be transposed "on-the-fly" from the keyboard.
- Real time, high quality time stretch automatically syncs/transposes audio loops to the host tempo and song key.
- Ability to instantly set the musical key of all loops within a multi.
- Proprietary lossless compression reduces file sizes by up to 50% for faster downloads and disc space conservation.
Satellite Pro Additional Features:
- Ability to load industry standard REX/RX2 loops, Acidized Wave files or AIFF/Apple Loops.
- Dedicated Patch and Effects screens for full synth and effects parameter editing.
- Keymap screen with sample list and graphical zone editor for building and editing patches.
- Advanced sample "Automap" and "Assign" functions make it extremely easy to build patches from scratch.
- Integrated graphical waveform editor.
- Powerful batch processor.
- Graphical crossfade loop editor with industry-leading proprietary algorithm for creating perfectly seamless sample loops.
Satellite Pro is coming soon
14 Jan 2010 ILIO to distribute Ocean Way Drums
12 Dec 2007 Samplebase releases new Instrument Sets
29 Oct 2007 Samplebase.com releases Satellite Pro
21 May 2013 Save $50 on Nomad Factory Magnetic II Bundle