25th March 2004
iZotope Ozone is a 64-bit mastering plug-in featuring analog modeling with options for digitally transparent processing. Features include:
- Loudness maximizer with Intelligent Release Control for extremely transparent limiting.
- Proprietary MBIT+ wordlength reduction technology.
- Tube modeled multiband dynamics with analog and linear-phase crossover modes, RMS and peak detection.
- Tube modeled EQ with linear phase mode for digitally transparent equalization, intelligent matching function for spectrum matching.
- 64-bit acoustically modeled reverb.
iZotope Trash sets a new standard in distortion and amp modeling. With its wide range of 64-bit box, cabinet, and speaker models, multiband distortion algorithms, fully sweepable and triggerable filters, and unique delay module, Trash is able to provide a superior sound with tremendous flexibility. Highlights include:
- 48 distortion types ranging from tube overdrive to the fuzz of germanium transistors. Chain pairs of distortions together for sonic destruction at 64-bit precision, or split the signal into multiple bands and apply distortion independently to individual frequencies.
- Realistic modeling of 85 amp cabinets and speakers. Classics, combos, boutique models, stacks... a tone and character for any occasion.
- 36 filters that can be LFO or envelope triggered through a unique graphical display. Synth filters, resonant filters, classic analog filters and more.
- Multiband dynamics and gating to control the peaks and tame the noise.
- Trash the echo with a selection of classic lo-fi delays. Tape delay with saturation and nonlinear tape machine artifacts, tape-tube delay with added tube saturation modeling, classic analog delay with analog degradation and Lo-fi digital delay with quantization noise and aliasing.
iZotope Spectron is designed around the Spectron Engine, a core processing module which decomposes audio into thousands of frequency bands for spectral processing. Spectron offers a powerful interface which lets sound designers control groups of frequency bands with virtually unlimited options for sweeping and triggering. By chaining effects including morphing, panning, delay/feedback combinations and filtering, it's easy to find a unique sound with Spectron. Features include:
- Morph module for vocoder-style spectral morphing with frequency-selective amount control
- Spectral-based delay with independent delay and feedback control for each frequency band
- Spectral-based stereo panning
- Filter module for frequency-selective attenuation
- Smear module including four independent delay lines with flanger-style LFO for smoothing the output of the Spectron Engine
- Innovative interface allows for virtually unlimited sweeping and triggering options, includes advanced LFO settings with amplitude, frequency and pulse-width modulation.
Along with support for the new formats, the releases include several key optimizations and enhancements to the DirectX versions of the products.
All plug-ins are available for purchase as a download or on CD from the iZotope web site.
- Ozone 3 - $299 to new customers and $49 to current Ozone 3 DirectX customers.
- Trash - $199 to new customers and $39 to current Trash DirectX customers.
- Spectron - $99 to new customers and $29 to current Spectron DirectX customers.
All plug-ins are shipping on CDs with extra content for an additional $29. Updates to the DirectX version for existing DirectX customers are provided free of charge.