19th November 2012
MOTU has updated Digital Performer for Mac OS X to version 8.0.1.
New features introduced in version 8.01
- The Consolidated Window now supports the full-screen feature in Mac OS X 10.7+.
- The behavior for opening the Plug-in Chooser from a Mixing Board insert slot has changed slightly. If the insert slot already holds a plug-in, hold down the Command/Ctrl key while clicking the existing plug-in to open the Plug-in Chooser (instead of clicking the right side of the insert slot, as shown in Figure 67-7 on p. 769 of the DP8 User Guide).
- If you use three or more monitors connected to your Mac, and you are running Mac OS X 10.6.8, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to Mac OS X 10.7 for improved stability.
Improvements, optimizations, and refinements can also be found in the following areas:
- Hardware video output (both DV and MOTU video interfaces).
- Movie window performance.
- Sysex messages in 64-bit operation.
- Rewire support.
- Operation with Kontakt 4/5.
- Importing sound files and soundbites, including possibly corrupted sound files.
- AAF export.
- Consolidated window info panels and channel strip.
- Scrolling in the Sequence Editor, MIDI Editor, Drum Editor, and Notation Editor.
- Meter animation throughout the program.