31st May 2011
MusicDevelopments has updated RapidComposer and RapidComposer LE, their music prototyping application, to version 1.7.
Enhancements in the update (since v1.6):
- Draw lines on the piano roll to create glissando or chord strumming. Other usage is up to your creativity. Notes are inserted and aligned smartly with several snap and filtering options. Hold down 'Ctrl' and drag the mouse pointer. Check the generator properties for more options like transposing every second note to get an interesting pattern.
- More than a dozen new chord progressions added, most of them were used in big hits.
- The chord progression browser displays progressions sorted by their complexity by default.
- The harmonization menu also offers simpler chords that do not contain all the notes in the section to be harmonized.
- Some new sample phrases added that can be used with any chords.