Orange Tree Samples has released CoreBass Pear, an upright bass sample library for Kontakt (2 and 3). Using Kontakt's powerful scripting engine, CoreBass Pear intelligently interprets the input from your MIDI controller (or sequenced MIDI data) in order to produce realistic upright bass tracks.
According to Orange Tree Samples, CoreBass Pear has many features which set it apart from other upright bass sample libraries: for example, CoreBass Pear debuts a fretless slide technology which allows you to seamlessly slide from one note to any other at any speed.
The library was sampled both using a mic and directly from the output of the bass pickup - two separate signals which can be mixed to create a variety of different upright bass tones. You can select between the presets CoreBass Pear comes with, or create your own, all within the sample library's interface.
- 400 MB of hand-tuned 24-bit samples.
- Full sustain with natural decay and release samples.
- Separate mic and DI samples.
- Individually sampled strings.
- 2x intelligent round-robin sample cycling.
- Seamlessly slide from one note to any other.
- Variable pre-pluck noises.
- Dynamic vibrato.
- Harmonics, string slaps, mutes, and other special effects.
The CoreBass Pear Upright Bass Sample Library for Kontakt is available now for $64.95.
16 Apr 2014 FrozenPlain sale - 30% off all Kontakt Libraries
10 Apr 2014 Sample Logic releases new TryPack for Kontakt