2nd April 2009
After three years of development, Studio One (formerly code-named K2) is a fresh and innovative new platform, that makes audio recording, MIDI sequencing, and audio mastering simple right out of the box, yet provides a wealth of professional features. If you started with KRISTAL Audio Engine, you will love its advanced possibilities and professional features. Your existing projects can be seamlessly imported into Studio One.
Fresh code, innovative drag-and-drop MIDI mapping and plug-in management, auto-configuration with PreSonus hardware, good audio quality, unlimited tracks and plug-ins per track and a powerful, inventive, Start page that puts the whole project right in your hands are just a few of the compelling features that make Studio One the next generation in audio software, according to PreSonus.
Studio One gives you a complete, easy-to-use solution from raw tracks to finished master, while supporting the latest standards and technologies.
- Elegant single-window work environment.
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality.
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses and FX channels.
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player.
- Integrated mastering solution with automatic mix updating, waveform editing, effects, Red Book CD burning, and digital release.
- Automatic delay compensation.
- Advanced automation.
- 64-bit processing (even on 32-bit machines).
- Easy-to-use sidechain routing.
- 64-bit effects suite.
- Virtual instruments collection.
- User-friendly sampler.
- Intuitive MIDI-mapping system.
- Real-time audio timestretching and resampling.
- AU, VST2, VST3, and ReWire support.
- K System metering.
- Gigabytes of content.
- Compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-,or Core Audio-compliant audio interface.
- Ampire - Amplifier-Modeling Plug-in
- Analog Delay - Tape-Delay Emulation Plug-in
- Auto Filter - Envelope Filter Plug-in
- Beat Delay - Tempo-Synchronized Delay
- Binaural Pan - Stereo Panning Effect Plug-in
- Channel Strip - Dynamics Processing and Equalizer Plug-in
- Chorus - Mono/Stereo Chorus Plug-in
- Compressor - Mono/Stereo Variable Compressor Plug-in
- Expander - Mono/Stereo Expander Plug-in
- Flanger - Stereo/Mono Flanger Plug-in
- Gate - Noise Gate Plug-in
- Groove Delay - Multi-Tap and Tempo Synchronized Delay Plug-in
- Limiter - Mono/Stereo Limiter Plug-in
- Mixtool - Phase and MS Utility Plug-in
- MixVerb - Mono/Stereo Reverb Plug-in
- Multiband Dynamics - Mono/Stereo Multiband Compressor/Expander Plug-in
- Phase Meter - Phase Correlation Analysis Plug-in
- Phaser - Mono/Stereo Phaser Plug-in
- Pro EQ - Seven-Band Parametric EQ
- Red Light Distortion - Distortion Plug-in
- Room Reverb - Stereo/Mono Room Reverb Plug-in
- Spectrum Meter - Frequency Analysis Plug-in
- Tricomp - Three-band Compressor Plug-in
- Tuner - Instrument Tuning Plug-in
- X-Trem - Mono/Stereo Tremolo Plug-in
- Impact - Sample Trigger Virtual Instrument
- Presence - Sample Player Virtual Instrument
- SampleOne - Sampler Virtual Instrument
Pricing & Availability
Studio One is "coming soon".
31 Oct 2013 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.6.1
19 Sep 2013 PreSonus Acquires Notion
04 Sep 2013 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.6
13 Sep 2012 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.0.7
12 Jun 2012 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.0.6
18 Apr 2012 PreSonus releases Studio One Free
12 Apr 2012 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.0.5
18 Jan 2012 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.0.4
07 Nov 2011 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.0.2
18 Oct 2011 PreSonus announces Studio One 2
26 Jul 2011 PreSonus updates Studio One to v1.6.5
15 Mar 2011 PreSonus updates Studio One to v1.6.4
31 Jan 2011 PreSonus updates Studio One to v1.6.3
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
09 Jun 2004 Kristal Audio Engine v1.0.1 released
03 Feb 2004 Kristal Audio Engine v1.0 released