Propellerhead Software has released for sale Reason 6, a major update to the music software; Reason Essentials, the successor to Record, that packs all the recording, editing, effects, instruments, mixing and mastering necessary to sound great, in a streamlined package; and Balance with Reason Essentials, an audio interface for Mac and Windows integrated with Reason Essentials software.
Combining all the features from Record, Reason version 6 adds audio recording and editing, along with Propellerhead's mixing console with modeled EQ and dynamics on every channel, multiple parallel racks, Line 6 amp models, new effect devices, seamless and pristine time/tempo stretch plus additional features.
New creative effects designed for using directly with instruments or inserting into tracks include:
- Pulveriser, sound crushing effect with crunchy compression, dirty distortion and flexible modulation.
- The Echo, advanced stereo echo with modern delay and analog tape echo emulation.
- Alligator, a three band pattern gate for complex rhythmic texturing.
Interface enhancements, high definition audio transpose and true 64-bit compatibility highlight other new feature improvements.
Built for independent-minded musicians, Reason Essentials has "the feel of a million dollar recording studio with the streamlined simplicity of a tape deck". Distilled from the core of Reason, Reason Essentials contains a great selection of instruments and effects in a virtual rack that builds itself, or can be infinitely customized—drum machine, loop player, sampler, synths, reverb, delay, distortion, mastering effects and more. For guitar players, the built-in virtual guitar and bass POD from Line 6 bring a wide range of top quality guitar amps, cabinets and effects. The intuitive audio and MIDI sequencer makes recording and arranging music a breeze. Users never have to worry about track counts, latency issues or adding that extra reverb or effect. With an easy to grasp interface, it won't get in the way of ideas and will inspire users to make more music.
Balance with Reason Essentials
Balance, a two-in by two-out audio interface for Mac and Windows, is designed for the single person operated home/project studio. Fully USB 2 powered with separate volume controls for monitors and headphones, it contains 8 input connections to keep all instruments, mics and devices connected and ready to record with the press of a button—without software pop-ups or control panels. The included Reason Essentials packs in all the recording editing, effects, instruments and mixing tools needed to create great sounding tracks. Owners of Reason or Record who purchase Balance will automatically receive the Reason 6 upgrade as a download for free.
Pricing & Availability
Reason 6, Reason Essentials and Balance are available now for purchase worldwide at the following suggested retail pricing:
- Reason 6: €405 / $449.
- Reason Essentials: €279 / $299.
- Balance with Reason Essentials: €499 / $499 (Includes a free upgrade to Reason 6 for any registered Record or Reason owner).
- Reason 6 Upgrade: €149 / $169 (from any Reason version, Reason Essentials and Balance).
- Reason 6 Upgrade from Record-Reason Duo:
- Before October 31, 2011, Pay What You Want (Download from Propellerhead website) starting at €1.00 / $1.00.
- After October 31, 2011 (worldwide) €149 / $169.
For pricing and availability details see: www.propellerheads.se