Audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer.
Changes for v0.6.0:
- New user option added: on whether to save plugins automation values with higher resolution as possible, using 14-bit NRPN: cf. View/Options... /Plugins/Experimental/High resolution plugin automation (default=off).
- Generic native plugin dialogs now shows an additional "About" last page where authorship credits are due.
- A new user preference option is now in place for whether to use desktop environment's own native file requester/browser dialogs (View/Options... /Display/Dialogs/Use native dialogs).
- A bit of slack have been introduced to put "Follow Playhead" (aka. auto-scroll view mode) on hold, while doing in-flight selection edit moves.
- Fixed some user interface related annoyances while on the MIDI Controllers mappings (i.e. View/Controllers...).
- Fixed port origin on MIDI RPN/NRPN 14-bit controllers input.
- A discretionary plug-in unique identifier have been devised for when more than one from the same type are inserted on a bus or track chain, avoiding destructive clashing of automation data.
- Horizontal scrolling shift+mouse-wheel direction now reversed.
- LV2 Dyn (amic) -manifest support is now optional (default=off); cf. View/Options.../Plugins/Experimental/LV2 Dynamic Manifest support).
- The following options, although deceived on View/Options... as global configuration options, were always and still are proper session instance properties: (JACK) Transport mode, MMC mode, MMC device, MIDI SPP and MIDI Clock modes, are now shown there reflecting the current open session state.
- A couple of run-time circumventions have been hacked in, both strictly related to when NSM session management is in charge: 1) the new session template feature is disabled (was aborting initial NSM new client additions); 2) the native (as from the desktop environment e.g. KDE) file browser/requester dialogs are disabled (were taking too long to list the current directory on first time invocation).
- Update current automation/curve nodes selection while changing horizontal (time axis) zoom levels.
- One liner's attempt to make it consistent behavior on resizing and moving multiple selected notes or events while on the MIDI clip editor (aka. piano-roll; after a ticket request from Daniel MacDonald aka. danboid, thanks).
- Introducing tiny quarter-note/crotchet/seminima/beat icon on all snap-to-beat selection items get a new icon:).
- Corrected some audio buffering boundary conditions that were causing dead-loops/freezes while merging some audio clips.
- Session auto-save period was chronically reduced to one third of its user setting; non critical but fixed now.
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt4 framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.