27th October 2010
Softube has announced the release of the TSAR-1 Reverb plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU and RTAS formats. It's available today at the Softube web shop and at authorized Softube dealers for $329, excl. VAT.
Softube says: "It's alive and vibrant, it's gentle and dreamy, and above all - it's natural and believable. The TSAR-1 is the better-sounding alternative to the established, traditional reverb products. At a fraction of the price. The True Stereo Algorithm inside the TSAR-1 is what gives it its magic. The strength lies in its sophisticated sound and versatility, no matter whether it's used on strings and brass or rock drums and lead vocals, it always shines. All this while still having a comprehensive and easy-to-use interface that is unparalleled in other high-end reverb products."
- True Stereo Algorithm.
- Comprehensive user interface.
- Modern and powerful high-end reverb.
- Extensive preset library.
- Comes bundled with the TSAR-1R Reverb.
Five easy accessible parameters make up the reverb section, and are often the only parameters you need to adjust.
- Predelay: Use it as a rhythmic effect or to carefully match the tail with the early reflections.
- Time: Longer or shorter reverb tail.
- Density: Smooth, modern and dense, or sparse, lush and vintage.
- Tone: Dark or bright? No need to adjust dozens of knobs to get the character you need.
- High Cut: Too much sizzle? Cut the highs.
The top row allows you to do the final touches to get exactly the sound you're after.
- Early Reflections: Type Large, Medium or Small? What room do you want to place your tracks in?
- Early Reflections Mix: Already got a good sounding room and just need some longer reverb? Turn down the earlies with the mix knob.
- Diffusion: Need that extra smoothness on your snare?
- Modulation: A vintage style chorus-y modulation, or a modern and classy modulation?
- Reverb Mix and Output Volume: They just have to be there, right?
Show both current and previous settings, and toggle between those by clicking on each of the parameter value displays.
Extensive Preset Library
41 presets categorized into a "modern" and a "vintage" set. The modern set focuses on the classy reverb sounds of today, while the vintage set mimics the characters of old school reverbs we still love to use. All presets are well documented with examples of intended use cases.
Same sound quality, easier to use, with just three reverb parameters and the required mix and volume knobs. The TSAR-1R comes bundled with its bigger brother, the TSAR-1.
- Predelay: Perfect for getting that small gap between the vocals and the reverb tail
- Time: One fader to rule them all. The Time control changes the Density, Diffusion, Early Reflections, Reverb Time, etc. Almost like a continuous swipe through all the best presets.
- Color: Need a bright or a dark reverb?
TSAR-1 Reverb is available from Softube's new "More Is More" Web store - buy more save more. A fully functional 20 day demo can be downloaded.
17 Jul 2012 Softube updates all plug-ins to v1.3.11
27 Oct 2011 Softube 30%-50% Discount Promotion Extended
21 Oct 2011 (AES) Softube Announces AAX plug-ins
23 Jun 2010 Softube releases Tonelux Tilt