31st July 2009
SONiVOX has announced the release of Aggro Electro Boom, a virtual instrument plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows designed for "fast and professional contemporary beat creation for hip hop and electronic music producers". Aggro is the latest in the company's "Playa" product family and carries an MSRP of $149 and an introductory street price of $99.
Aggro's distinctive user interface allows effortless integration of MIDI keyboards and MPC pad controllers, bridging the gap between MPC style beat creation and the computer-based virtual instrument environment.
Aggro includes more than four gigabytes of instruments designed for sonic and stylistic versatility, including "earth-shaking basses, blazing leads, trippy pads, slamming construction kits and more". All the sounds were recorded and programmed by SONiVOX's sound design team.
- Over 400 SONiVOX Instruments.
- 16 User Programmable and Assignable Pads – For quick and easy MPC-style beat construction.
- Over 50 Pad layouts - Designed to get the producer going right away with its construction kit layouts, diatonic chord layouts, drum kits, as well as user definable layouts.
- User Definable Layouts – Make original pad mappings and assign pads to MIDI keys using the "map" and "learn" modes.
- MIDI Learn/Save Function - Aggro ELectro Boom is instantly compatible with any MIDI controller.
- Independent Zone Tempo-Synched Variable Resolution Roll/Retrigger Mode - Tempo sync note repetitions and rolls to any pad.
- Onboard FX and Graphic Equalizer.
- Keys Mode – For standard keyboard play/performance.
- User Editable Envelope Controls.
Pricing & Availability
Aggro has an MSRP of $149 and an introductory street price of $99. It is available for Windows and Mac OS X in stand-alone and VST, AU and RTAS plug-in formats.