3rd January 2008
SSL has released version 2.3 software for Duende which includes a trial version of its new X-Comp Mastering Compressor.
X-Comp can deliver the transparent audio finesse of a mastering grade stereo compressor or be driven to inject character and raw power to rival the SSL Listen Mic Compressor. In X-Comp SSL hasn't just modelled a particular compressor, but has provided a set of features and controls that allow the emulation of many vintage and modern compression designs based on a well loved SSL feed forward compressor algorithm.
- Dual symmetrical knee design allows detailed shaping of the compression characteristic.
- Advanced side chain architecture using 1st order filters delivers user friendly Frequency Dependant Parallel Compression.
- Amplitude Histogram and Gain Reduction history displays provide advanced real time pre/post signal analysis.
- Max Gain Reduction control provides genuine vintage compressor characteristics.
- Intuitive user interface with drag and move graphic, mouse wheel and numeric editing.
- A/B facility for instant comparison of two different compression set ups.
- Proprietary preset management functions providing compatibility between all DAW platforms.
- Global soft latency free bypass.
- Superb mastering grade audio quality delivered by Duende's 40-bit floating point engine.
- Preset library based on settings used by some of the worlds top mixing engineers.
21 Mar 2012 SSL announces Soundscape v6.2
08 Nov 2011 SSL announces RTAS versions of Duende plug-ins
03 Nov 2008 SSL releases X-Orcism
12 Mar 2008 SSL announces Duende PCIe
17 Jan 2008 Solid State Logic releases Pro-Convert
17 Jan 2008 Solid State Logic announces Duende Mini
03 Jan 2008 SSL updates Duende to v2.3 and releases X-Comp
16 Oct 2007 Solid State Logic releases X-ISM
05 Oct 2007 SSL announces X-EQ for Duende at AES
23 Aug 2007 SSL updates Duende software to v2.1