3rd January 2008
SSL has released version 2.3 software for Duende which includes a trial version of its new X-Comp Mastering Compressor.
X-Comp can deliver the transparent audio finesse of a mastering grade stereo compressor or be driven to inject character and raw power to rival the SSL Listen Mic Compressor. In X-Comp SSL hasn't just modelled a particular compressor, but has provided a set of features and controls that allow the emulation of many vintage and modern compression designs based on a well loved SSL feed forward compressor algorithm.
- Dual symmetrical knee design allows detailed shaping of the compression characteristic.
- Advanced side chain architecture using 1st order filters delivers user friendly Frequency Dependant Parallel Compression.
- Amplitude Histogram and Gain Reduction history displays provide advanced real time pre/post signal analysis.
- Max Gain Reduction control provides genuine vintage compressor characteristics.
- Intuitive user interface with drag and move graphic, mouse wheel and numeric editing.
- A/B facility for instant comparison of two different compression set ups.
- Proprietary preset management functions providing compatibility between all DAW platforms.
- Global soft latency free bypass.
- Superb mastering grade audio quality delivered by Duende's 40-bit floating point engine.
- Preset library based on settings used by some of the worlds top mixing engineers.