24th October 2007
Steinberg Media Technologies has released Cubase 4.1 and Cubase Studio 4.1, a free update for all registered owners, offering major new features including a redesigned Sample Editor, side chaining for VST3 plug-ins, MusicXML support, compatibility with Sequel project import, support for Windows Vista and much more. The update is available now from www.steinberg.net.
"This update represents a significant extension of Cubase music production functionality," comments Kazunori Kobayashi, Steinberg's Managing Director. "Many areas of the program have been reengineered and updated to offer more speed, flexibility and creativity for musicians, producers and composers. The level of new functionality provided as a free update to all registered customers of Cubase 4 and Cubase Studio 4 also underlines our commitment to providing excellent customer service," Kobayashi adds.
New features with version 4.1 include:
- Redesigned Sample Editor makes editing, stretching and audio manipulation tasks faster through better accessibility with Inspector-style controls.
- Sidechaining for VST3 Plug-ins offers easy creation of sidechains in many of the outstanding VST3 effects included in Cubase 4 and Cubase Studio 4.
- MusicXML Import & Export provides exchange of musical scores with specialized score layout applications from Cubase projects, including detailed data, graphically rich layout.
- Full Sequel Project Import and complete compatibility to Sequel content allows full editing of Sequel projects and instant access to all Sequel content installed on the same system within the advanced MediaBay database.
- Free routing and recording from summing objects* enhance recording and routing functionality to offer complete routing flexibility as well as lightning-fast setup for stem recording.
- Advanced MediaBay options enhance speed and efficiency working with Steinberg's revolutionary media database system with new user options.
- Track Quick Controls with integrated MIDI Learn provide direct access to any track parameter from the Track Inspector, ideal for easy control of any setting using hardware remote controllers.
- Global Transpose Track allows transposition of all audio and MIDI parts within one easy-to-use track for quick and easy experimentation with key and chord changes.
- Arranger Track replaces and improves on the Play Order Track to extend the Cubase system for improvising and trying out new song arrangements and provides new features for using Cubase as a live performance tool.
- Project Logical Editor is an extraordinarily powerful and unique new project-level editing system that allows automated processing of whole sections and groups of objects within a project, including full mapping to key commands.
The update is available now from the Support section of the Steinberg website.
09 Apr 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase to v7.5.20
12 Mar 2014 Steinberg announces WaveLab 8.5
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
30 Jun 2009 ASK Video releases Cubase 5 Level 1 Tutorial DVD
27 Mar 2009 Protonfx updates Curemo for Cubase to v1.1