THEPHONOLOOP has released Cassette Piano.02 with a completely new set of samples of an (not so perfect) old upright piano recorded in a ballet training room (in both stereo and mono, with mics at the back of the piano), and designed to produce organic and tasty sound with all kinds of little imperfections. In an effort to make the best use of those recordings, and to further expand the sound capabilities of the instrument, four different decks were used to process the samples.
Kontakt version improvements
The GUI of the Kontakt version has been redesigned to offer more editing possibilities, including extended modulation section:
- 2 independent LFOs with 5 shapes and 4 destinations each.
- AMPLITUDE envelope with velocity modulation.
- FILTER envelope with invert switch.
- PITCH envelope with invert switch and attack curve knob.
Another improvement is the use of impulse reverb with custom impulses (4 spring impulses, 4 hall impulses & 3 corridor impulses), along with a choice of whether a user wants it to be placed pre or post insert effects. The same thing goes for the delay.
In addition, there is the sample start knob (controlled with the GUI or Mod Wheel) which allows a user to control initial transients while designing their sound. Moreover, there's now an octave down switch in the GUI.
And finally, there's now also a 2-band equaliser (Instrument Tone) located at the bottom of the GUI.
- Available in multiple popular formats: Kontakt 5, Ableton Live 9, Logic, SFZ & Multiformat.
- 5 GB of samples (1325 samples in total).
- Recorded on 4 different decks.
- Mono and Stereo versions.
- 5 noise samples (each around 2 minutes long).
- 3 velocity layers.
- Organic sound with lots of little imperfections.
Price: from €25.00 to €39.00.